Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bavaria

Well I wanted to finally get on here and write about the morning Sawyer was born but the little man is not cooperating. We'll see how far I can get.

Contractions started about 5 am when Ellyn decided she should wake up for an hour or two. So I only had one or two an hour and I thought I would go in later in the day. At 8:30 they started to get really strong but were still 10-15 minutes apart. I called upstairs to mom and told her that I thought we were probably going to have a baby at some point that day. I started to try to get ahold of the two girls (married no kids) that were going to watch my girls. Later I found out that they had gone on the youth temple trip. I finally called my neighbor and she very graciously accepted responsibility for my children (she felt guilty because we had been playing cards till after midnight the night before).

I got the girls up, fed them breakfast, started a potroast, got in the shower, and realized I had probably waited a bit too long. Even by the time we got to the hospital my contractions were still about 10 minutes apart but they were REALLY strong and when the Dr. checked me I was 5+. So he informed me that there would be no epidural and I spent the next hour in huge amounts of pain, hoping I would pass out and they would have to find some other way to get Sawyer out. But no, all 10 lbs. 2 oz. arrived while I was at least semi-conscious. Mom and my friend April were there and they were great. April made sure that Mike knew as soon as possible and mom already told you that very cool story.

So I told mom yesterday as I'm climbing over the backseat of my car because we have plywood for shelves she is going to create in my storage room going almost to the windshield that next time I will have Barb come for the baby and she can come the month after, when I am more recovered. She told me Barb would get bored and what would she do and I told her she would read and cross stitch like all good grandmas should. Mom is hilarious. I really felt like I didn't have too much for her to worry about when she got here. I wanted help on my bed, which we started the day before Sawyer was born, and I had a few optional projects on hand in case she got bored. However she has informed me that I really don't have my house set up for maximum efficiency and has gone about making it so (which has involved breaking a lamp-which she fixed, bending a metal shelf, and something else that escapes my memory). I have also made several trips to the hardware store for brighter light bulbs and new light fixtures because my house is too dim for her. I have to admit that I am pretty happy about almost all the changes. I think she moved where I keep my salt and that could really throw me off for awhile.

This month has flown by and I can't believe that she will be leaving next week. I'm trying to get her to slow down and just relax for a bit- as soon as we have my bed built :). Okay, I have to go wake up Ellyn now, I've already let her sleep too long.

I love you all. It's been really nice to hear from my siblings NOW THAT MOM IS HERE!!!! And...I want to thank all of you that are working on the stocking stuffers for Mike's guys. You are awesome and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, also mom for really pushing it when I didn't have the energy or the time to do so. Thank you so much.

Mindi- I was able to get the video up and it is hilarious. Our boy has rhythm baby!!! Chels-hope wedding plans are going smoothly. Wow, how I wish we could be there. Okay, Sawyer's waking up and I still have to shower. Love, me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home