Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bavaria

Memorial Day Weekend
We just had a wonderful weekend. The kind that makes leaving Germany really hard. Friday night we met my friend Ann-Christin and her family and some other families from the Bamberg ward at the Rabenstein Castle for their Middle Ages Festival. Everyone dresses in their "Middle Ages" clothing. They have all sorts of tents with crafts that any good "granola" would love and other tents where they demonstrate skills and ways of life from oh so long ago. Then they put on a mock fight in the middle of a field and at the end they let all the kids come in and "attack" the soldiers. Of course there is also some great food. We drove through beautiful little villages to get there as well and had a wonderful afternoon/evening. Then we made it back by 8:30, in time for Jane to go to a "campout" at our friend's house. Saturday we did some work, got the oil changed, went for a walk, and then Saturday night the girls' favorite babysitter, a young woman from our ward, came over and I went out with some girlfriends to a little Biergarten for dinner. It was a fabulous evening, very relaxing. Sunday we had friends over for dinner, a little on the chaotic side, but still fun. Then yesterday we went to Playmobil with a huge group of families. I brought my babysitter with me again, which was the smartest thing I've done all month. Jane got to play with all of her friends, Ashley and I took Ellyn, Sawyer and Sadie around. There were quite a few times that Ellyn and Sawyer would both be happy and busy and then one of us would get to go play with Sadie. She also had a million friends there as well so everyone was feeling the love. We came home exhausted and happy. I loved that Jane could just play without any responsibilities, she needed it. I think I am going to have to kidnap Ashley when we move. My kids love her.

So school began again. It is getting harder and harder to stay on a schedule. It just got dark and it is 10:30. With soccer we rarely eat our actual dinner until 7:30. Speaking of soccer. Jane is going to be goalie at the next game. The two goalies that
we had are leaving to go train on a traveling team and the coach has been trying out different kids and wants Jane to do it. She has been goal keeper a few times and has done pretty well. I just hate all the balls aimed at her.

Other news. I had a dentist appt. today. My first since right after I had Ellyn and yes- I have no cavities. Oh what a lovely feeling. Sadie has her top front tooth dangling from her mouth right now. The little girl smile will be gone forever. That is kind of a sad feeling. On the other hand, Sawyer's first tooth poked through this weekend. Way sooner than any of my other kids. He is also crawling and he pulled himself up to a standing position. He is so strong. He is also a huge flirt. He smiles and coos at everyone. My neighbor is in love with him. She held him for almost an hour yesterday. He even fell asleep on her chest. He makes us all so happy.

Well I have got to go to bed. I am pooped and I have so much to do this week. Why I chose to have Sadie's b-day at the house I know not. I'm insane. On that note I will end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home