Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bglife

The other day darla put a scripture on her blog...



This has long been a favorites of my mom's. But it wasn't until yesterday as I was running around battle ground lake that it really struck me. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father was speaking directly to me and for this particular moment in my life. Strange that it was given almost 200 years ago and addressed to "brethren". Things around here have been...trying. Our faith is being tested, which I am ok with. I would like to prove to Heavenly Father that I trust him. But some times (ok ALL the times lately) I am forgetting to go about cheerfully. It is strange how my mind works, and this scripture addresses all my crazy issues. I feel like if I am not moving and planning and refiguring I will go crazy. So I trust but I don't want to "stand still". I have a hard time being cheerful and standing still. It is kind of a contradiction in terms in my mind. However...all I can think about is this scripture. I am waiting to see His arm revealed. I KNOW He has a plan for us. I KNOW He is mindful of me. When it says with "the utmost assurance" how can I doubt?!? And yet I still have to be cheerful. Here lies my challenge.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 Comments:

At 5:00 AM , Blogger Darla said...

A lady in my institute class stood and bore her testimony and shared with the class that she and her family quoted this scripture every morning before scripture study. I couldn't help but think how perfect that would be for our family..since we too struggle with "being still" and "being cheerful". Meags, I KNOW he has a plan for you and me and all of us. I love you and have always admired your faith and how constant you always seem. Thanks for sharing this!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

I love that post Meags. I was reminded of this scripture in D&C: Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.
Dew can only form when the wind is quiet an the night is still. Holding still is when we hear His guidance.

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Mom/Barb said...

That is one of my very favorite scriptures....so true, though, how hard it is to do.

Barb Stinchfield

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home