Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Cole and Silverware

Before all the sweet posts about our mom/Granny start tomorrow for her birthday I wanted to quick post something about Cole.

While we were in Richmond for Christmas we had such a wonderful time with Geof. Darla Cole Dayne and June. They are so much fun to play with! I emailed them my journal entries....sweet memories! I don't know how to transfer them to the blog except to retype everything...I am not my mom so you get Darla's pictures and this little excerpt from me.

Geof. had asked Ellery to tell them stories about growning up...their most memorable Christmas. Ellery told them about how he and Aunt Dorothy had gone without lunch every
day for over 3 months so they would have enough money to buy their mom and dad silverware for Christmas. (Sounds like an idea El come up with right?) As Pa would get on the bus each morning Aunt Dorothy, not quite sure of his resolve, would take his lunch money and "save" it for him!

Christmas Eve Day after watching Geof. play some basketball. Which BTW he has improved since highschool. El, Geof. Cole and I went shopping. As we are walking into Costco Cole says to me, "I want to buy something for my mom and dad."
"Oh, really, Like what?"
He runs a little ahead, looks back over his shoulder with a grin and says, "I was thinking...silverware!"

Sweet little guy!!! It took all the rest of his birthday money to buy a shirt for his dad and some earrings for his mom.

Just when you think they aren't listening to you!

Love you All,

Le Anne

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Blogger Joan said...

cutest story ever!

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

That is so sweet. Dad's story and Cole's :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home