Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What capitilization and a paragraph here and there can do for my wonderful sister

Good grief! I got so many emails this week it took a good ½ hour to read them all. Maybe I should not write more often. But, then I have too much to write about after the break.

Okay, so I can honestly say that the last couple of weeks have not been my favorite. It seemed like for a while there things were really going way good. But now all of a sudden we are having the hardest time finding people to teach. It's way tough when you are doing everything that you think you can but it's not working out. So maybe there's more that I need to be doing that I need to humble myself to realize. We dropped a few investigators because they were not going anywhere. That was tough but it's something that has to be done.

Janeth is struggling again. The poor girl; she is so sweet and she has the most sensitive spirit that Satan works so hard on her.

We have another investigator named Mania. She's from Syria and actually the sisters that were here before Sperry and I were here together taught her. She knows everything about the restoration and apostasy and all that good stuff. She's an engineer and so has a mind like a trap but with that comes an inability to let the message touch her heart as well. But, this last week we took the conference issue of the ensign over and read a couple of talks with her (Pres Packer’s talk and also the one about teaching children). She said one thing that really touched her heart was that one little boy in there who said "the Holy Ghost is a warm feeling inside of me". I told her that that was the Holy Ghost touching her. I think she just doesn't understand what it is. It's like that part in Elder Packer’s talk where he talks about them being filled with the power of God but they knew it not. She just doesn't know well enough what the Holy Ghost is to say that she has felt it.

She came to a ward activity that we had on Saturday. The ward went out to an island off of Helsinki where they have an old army post. It was so fun!!

Our Ward is so rad. We played bochi ball and me and Sister Lampi won! No, we weren't playing against little kids. But, it was great and I got a little sunburn so we know I loved that. Mania had a great time. Brind, I finally decided that this was a good enough occasion to drink the mango tang and I would like to request 10 packets of that sweet love in my next delivery from you. It was so freaking good!!

I know this is getting long but… oh well!

Jessy, thank you so much for the grad announcement and the blogs. You are the best ever!! I’m so proud of you!! You are so freaking smart and beautiful and hilarious and everything I want to be. In fact, all of you are. I really have the best family in the world. I know just how you felt walking across that stage Jess. I feel that every day. We are so lucky! I really thought that life was going on but you know, nothing that great can be happening while I’m so far away....right? Wrong.

I realize now through your blogs that life is continuing at a very fast pace at home and that the world does not really revolve around me as I had once believed. Daniel really made me believe that. I love the blogs although I am not a partaker of it's magical fruits but I love what it is doing for our family. It’s bringing you all so much closer together, which is why I feel that although I cannot log and blog with the rest… somehow I should still be a part of the magic and central to it. I don't know if that's possible but let's see. But you
all sound like a bunch of addicts. Good. Good. But, hey!

If you guys are gonna be talking about fathers on the blog let's talk about mine for a second here as today is his birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!! he truly is one of the best the world has to offer. Let’s use an example to demonstrate. There was a time when I was a little girl and I was in the hospital and I called my dad at about 6 am or so to surprise him with this news. Within a few hours my daddy was by my hospital bed with a big can of almond Rocha, a bouquet of flowers and an Eeyore balloon. Is that man good or what?!!

And one more before I have to go… One time I had a choir concert and it was a big one so dad rescheduled a meeting he had so that he could be there but then I told him the wrong date so he had to reschedule it again. Yep, he's pretty much wonderful. In the immortal words of Geoffrey, “With Dad home it's like all the benefits of having no parents home but with a car and money!!” I love you daddy. You’re the best.

I love you all and I hope all is going well. I think of you often and pray for you always. My babies sound so amazing. I can't believe how big they will all be when I get home. They have amazing parents. That’s all I can say. That is aimed at all of my siblings and
Leashy Lynne of course too!! Be good kids and take care.


Sisar Bennett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home