Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bavaria

Thank you to all of you. The phone calls and blogs were wonderful and much needed. Cory, you made me tear up. I love you all and miss you all so much. I'm not going to lie, every fiber in my being wants to be in Washington right now, but I guess I have to grow up some time. Actually I would probably still move stateside if I could have my own house for my four kids but that would mean not getting to be back here with Mike for the 9 mos he'll have on the backside of all this.

Ellie has been very sick for the past few days and she is not a good patient. She has discovered that her voice can reach decibles that you can only hear in night clubs. I've had to batten down the hatches every night in anticipation of those middle of the night wake ups. If she's trying to rattle my nerves and really question my ability to do this, it's working. I know we'll get through and these first few days of pain and sadness will subside and life will go on. I'm just ready for that to be now.

We've actually been very lucky. Mike is already in Iraq (vs. Kuwait) and he has had ready access to e-mail and he has also been able to call a few times. Unfortunately most of those conversations have involved helping me fix our internet connection that decided to go out on both computers a day apart from each other. No mushy conversations, which I guess is good.

I'm sure I will write more often now but tonight is Jane's b-day night (we had to postpone her party because of Ellyn) and the girls want me to come watch Princess Diaries with them. I know you are jealous. I love you all. Thanks again for all of your support and prayers and please keep them coming.

Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home