Thursday, January 10, 2008

ColoradoBennett--Ode to the Provo House

I should be doing a lot of other things, like folding the mountain of laundry on the couch (why do I even start laundry when I know I will not have time to fold and put away for a few days?), but I can't resist the memories of the Provo House. Adam was living there when we started dating and that is where we first lived after we got married. Six months after we got married was Adam's 25th birthday and I tried to throw him a surprise party. He worked nights at the drug rehab, and he was supposed to be sleeping all the while I was getting the party together. He pretended to sleep, but he knew exactly what I was up to. We had about 10 people over and it was so much fun. It is amazing how comfortable a big group can mingle in that 900 sq ft. house. I remember the bathroom was a terrible yellowish green with dark blue trim, but I couldn't do anything about it because my husband was so proud of his color combo. It was in that house that after just a short time of dating, Adam gave me a great big hug, pulled me over to his calendar on the wall, flipped two months over and pointed to August and said "Let's get married here." I couldn't believe it, but I knew with all my heart and soul that I loved him and always wanted to be with him. I remember standing in the front yard with a lawn mower, calling my dad for help to get it started, trying to make the yard look nice (I learned very early that Adam doesn't care for doing yard work much, that is why we now have no grass in our yard, just bark). I planted a few bulbs in the front, I hope they are still blooming. I'm sure I'll think of a million more things to write, but morning tasks are calling me back to reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home