Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A sleepless night...

Darla that article was incredible.  It really hit home for me in a myriad of ways.  For months I have been reading a blog called The NieNie Dialogues.  Nie Nie is living the perfect life.  She adores her husband, her kids and her life.  Sometimes it was almost sickening to read her blog because she really is so perfect (but I couldn't help but read it.)  Well on Sunday I found out she, her husband, and his flight instructor had been in a plane crash in Arizona.  The instructor died and Nie and her husband were in critical condition and were burned very badly.  I also read her sister Cjane's blog so I have been reading all of the updates on their condition.  I can't stop reading about them.  There were some links to news stories and I just sobbed as I watched them.  They have 4 children and luckily their extended family that lives in Utah has been able to take care of the kids.  He has burns over a third of his body and she over 80%.  I just cannot imagine.  I have been sick about it to the point that I tossed and turned all night thinking about them.  It is a blessing that they lived but burns are not easy to recover from, it will be months and even then I am sure they will never be the same.  All these horrible scenarios keep flashing through my head of awful things that could happen to me and it is maddening.  

I love the part that says "sadness, disappointment, and severe challenge are events in life, not life itself"  and "you are here to be tried, to prove yourself so that you can receive the additional blessings God has for you. The tempering effect of patience is required."  

Her family has been asking for everyone to pray.  I really know that is the answer to so many things Just Pray.  Today as I was feeling tired from my sleepless night and feeling like I didn't want to clean up my  house for the millionth time I thought about how at least I was able to clean my house and I am not lying in a hospital bed recovering for months after a horrible accident.  Life is too precious.  I am trying to be better about finding the best in everything.

I hope this makes sense.  It is late.  I am tired.  I am emotional.  

Again, thanks for the article, it is just what I needed.

I love you guys.

Jess

6 Comments:

At 9:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I wouldn't click on that "rohit" link.

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Cortney said...

Thanks for the great post Jess. I know a lot of us needed that at this time. I appreciated it. I really liked the quote you enjoyed to, it's so true and helpful to remember.

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Cortney said...

Thanks for the great post Jess. I know a lot of us needed that at this time. I appreciated it. I really liked the quote you enjoyed to, it's so true and helpful to remember.

 
At 6:12 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Hi Jess,
I found NieNie on your blog a long time ago and I've been reading her blog too. I too have lost sleep thinking about them. I've listened to/read every news story that C Jane has posted. It is so scary because our friend Timber was in a car crash in May where he was burned on 70% of his body and he only made it two weeks before passing away. This is an amazing family, so faithful to say that they know God will intervene in one way or another. How did you find Nie Nie to begin with?

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

I looked at all those links yesterday. What an amazing person and blogger!!! That is so sad, and such an important reminder that life is so precious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home