Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Trouble With Bees

Poor Adam had a bad run in with his bees yesterday. He took Sierra, Kaia, and Le Anne with him to collect honey for the season. It took him about four times as long as expected and the bees were excessively angry with him. He and Le Anne were in beekeeper suits, but Adam did get one sting on his hand. This has resulted in "the Hulk hand". This picture was taken after a full day of ice and medication so it isn't as big as it was this morning.
Mexico...we had a lot of people counting on us to find their door to retirement and/or easy living. But it didn't work out as planned. I did my best to keep an open mind, but the last few days of the trip I kept thinking "I hate this place, I feel like puking everywhere I go." Turns out that wasn't entirely Mexico's fault. Being about 4 weeks pregnant is to blame and I am entirely excited about that.

9 Comments:

At 4:15 PM , Blogger Ashlee said...

HOly cow, Congratulations!! That is exciting and we are happy for you. Adam geez your hand looks awful you should really do something about that!! Did you kill that bee? J/K HOpe it didn't get the kids!

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Scary hand, Adam!! Geof. got stung by either hornets or wasps, we're not sure, twice on his hand. It was huge like that forever. Itched like crazy.

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah for baby number 4! That is so awesome, congratulations you guys.

Glad your trip was fun, sorry you couldn't find an amazing place to live.

Adam, your hand looks horrible.

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Mindi and Adam, that is awesome!!!! Not the hand, the baby.

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

whatever. i think the hand is rad. reminds me of how both my hands looked when i went to the philippines. and baby number 4 is gonna be great! i hope it's a boy so he and finn and sawyer can be best friends. unfortunately you're gonna have to name him Big Jim.

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Meags said...

i agree big jim is the only way to go. if its a girl you can name her.....oh i can't remember the girls name i never actually read the book geof. just told me the difference between the book and the movie so i could take my english test. ha ha ha. ad your poor hand, it should be friends with my ankle.

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Cortney said...

That's fantastic, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm very happy for you both. I hope your hand is better now.

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

who the heck is finn?

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Oh, dear Jess it seems you have been left out on the name change of the Wilmore baby. No longer will he be Kai, rather Finn. I am under no authority to tell you this other than I heard it from Le Anne and didn't want you to be in the dark if Ellynn didn't respond to your comment.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home