Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Busy Week, Sunny Week

It's been on of those weeks. The kind where you finally sit down at 9:00 at night and realize that is the first time you've sat all day. Except for in the car of course, somehow that doesn't count. So this morning I am just taking few minutes to chill. Actually, I don't know how long that will last because I just glanced over at the pile of magazines Sawyer pulled to the floor right before I laid him down for his nap (I wrote put him down, but after describing the magazine pile it sounded too morbid, like I had "done him in." Not my cute Sawyer, possibly the two furry beasts that share my dwelling) and I am already feeling the cleaning itch. The itch that never goes away because these days my house goes from clean to chaos in less than 10 seconds. This is only a slight exaggeration.

It has been lovely here, mid 70s all week and again today. I do not want the cold weather to return, I want it this way for a REALLY LONG time. It has made me very happy, which is good. I've had a few frustrations as of late, just dying trying to get stuff done and dealing with the two @#$*#$ dogs that are on probation right now. Ellyn has had her moments as well but she is doing fabulously lately. We've started "brushing" and joint compressions on a regular basis, they are supposed to help regulate the body, and it seems to be working. Temper tantrums are definitely down. We finally have a girl (okay, she's almost my age but single and looks very young) doing Respite and that is very exciting. Ellyn needs a day full of purposeful activity and Rebecca will come over and help with that a few times a week. Also, she will babysit for some date nights. Once I have a date. I'm excited.

Meanwhile, Mike sits in a lovely suite in D.C. with time weighing heavily on his hands, wishing he was home. I'm not going to lie, there are times I am a little bit jealous. A run around the mall, a day at the Smithsonian, out to eat for every meal, reading, movies, alone, all by yourself. I would take it in a heartbeat. But not for 6 weeks, maybe a few days though. But that would be all I could take before I would miss these little munchkins horribly. They keep me so very, very happy.

Well, if I don't get going I will be miserably behind. News- Jane had an appointment with the Orthodontist yesterday, braces are in the very near future. We have Young Women in Excellence tonight and she is very excited. Sawyer- says "mom" like the Seagulls in "Finding Nemo" say "mine" and it is adorable. The kid imitates his big sisters on everything, he always has a smile and he constantly sends the entire family into fits of giggles with his crazy antics. He is so dang cute. Sadie is quite the reader now and seems to be growing up in sooo many ways. She just isn't so much of a little kid anymore. She's a big girl and is acting that way. It's kind of fun. Ellyn has been covered, she is such a sweetheart, 90% of the time, it makes the other 10% all worth it. I can only imagine her frustration level as she tries to communicate her wants to us. I am confident that we are working in the right direction, which is a great feeling after so, so long.

That's the short of it. Hopefully time for more- later!

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

You are my Hero!!!

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

we need to arrange that sort of get away for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home