Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Weekend





This weekend was heavenly. I mean it. I loved every minute of it. Friday night was date night and Mike and I opted to stay home for a change. We fed the kids dinner and then sent them all to the other side of the house. Rebecca was here to watch Ellyn and the girls had Sawyer. Luckily our living room and the little ones' bedrooms are all behind the family room door. Mike and I grilled steak and shrimp, ate dinner out on the deck, came in, and played three games of Pandemic. Here's a little plug for Pandemic, a great cooperative game where you work together to stop the spread of disease across the world. It can be very tense (I know- we are dorks. It is pretty much all Mike's fault). We won two out of three times, phew that we were able to save the world. Just call us "Legend." We finished our games and then came back to the living room and visited with the girls and Rebecca while we watched a short documentary about life in Iraq (I know the perfect ending to a romantic evening- it was fun though).

Yesterday we drove down through Big Sur and took the kids to Sand Dollar Beach. It was beautiful. It was an hour and a half drive, kind of a trek but we were also on a recon mission to check out a few campgrounds. We had a great afternoon and then drove home and grilled hamburgers, cooked up a batch of Danna's homemade cookies from the frozen dough balls she had left in our freezer, and then hung out in the living room reading, playing on the computer, and watching Hannah Montana, respectively.

Today we woke up to a gorgeous day, I believe we hit the 80s. It felt divine. We went to church, came home and grilled, hung out on the patio, and then played another board game (Jane, Mike, and I while Sadie played with game parts, Ellyn watched Robin Hood, and Sawyer napped). Tonight we read our book, and now the girls are off to bed and Mike and I get to hang out. I guess Sawyer is going to hang with us as well because the stern disciplinarian that is his father just came out of Soy's bedroom with the kid snuggled in his arms. You really can't resist when he goes to bed so well every other night and he is obviously hot and sweaty and having a rough go of the new change in the weather.

So there you have it, fabulous weekend. Life is good. Blog out.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I hear ya with the board games, I don't think your a dork. I would choose to play ticket to ride over a lot of things. I love games. We should look into getting pandemic.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger LeAnne said...

Brookie you do know how to make the most of life. I love you and miss you all!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home