Thursday, July 30, 2009

ColoradoBennett

Today at lunch, Tristan's two older sisters were ganging up on him. In a teasing tone they kept telling him that he was only one year old. Somehow this didn't phase Tristan at all but I still jumped in with my mother adage and said, "Treat Tristan like you would want to be treated." Tristan got a big smile on his face and started saying "Trick or Treat" over and over. It made us all laugh. "Treat" is only understood to have one meaning around here.

Here are a few pictures from Tristan's birthday. I ended up making him three cakes. One for he and Gram at a family party, one pineapple-upside-down cake while camping, and another on his actual birthday. We used the same candle over and over, too.
I've come to terms with the fact that cake is a weakness of mine. So is Teen Fiction. I had to stop in the middle of the "Uglies" series (by Scott Westerfeld) and say to myself, "Seriously, why am I reading this?" Fortunately for me, LeAnne mailed me a book from the 1930s ("Sylvia" by Louise Platt Hauck) that fills my compulsive need to read every time I sit down to nurse Ruby.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home