Tuesday, October 27, 2009

bglife

today was a fun and fabulous day!  first i got to go outside, yay!  and there were sun breaks, yay!  and i got to go to the pumpkin patch with my littlest pumpkin on her very first preschool field trip, yay!  you would have thought it was Christmas with the way she has been counting down for this day.  i thought that it was last tuesday and when i found out an hour before that it was not until this week she was so made at me she told me to shut my mouth.  she didn't want to here my voice, not one peep!  hummm, do you think she has heard that one a few times?  finally the day arrived, last night she wanted to hurry and go to bed so today would come faster!  hazel is so cute when she wants to be.  ?(oh and that reminds me last night was mom and dad’s harvest party……so fun with the power out and all!)  after the pumpkin patch i got to go to the kids parents/teacher conferences.  and i know some parents dread this (like i’m sure my parents did!), but thankfully my kids have just enough of cory in them to make them super smart.  for a mom who barely made it through school to have kids that are doing well in school is a miracle and a blessing.  i am so grateful that my children can read.  i know that sounds lame, but really i couldn’t and i was so scared that they would have that same dreadful fate.  waking up everyday excited to go to school to see my friends but praying that we wouldn’t take a test, or worse yet read aloud in class.  i know all kids have their trials, but if my kids could just avoid that one!  so far so good.  three down two to go.  i know silly and simple, but the silly simple things make me happy right now!

3 Comments:

At 5:35 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Glad you're happy! Did you take pics of the harvest party?

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Cortney said...

I too had a hard time reading. I dreaded "Popcorn Reading" in school and I hoped no one would call on me, when they did my face would turn bright red and my voice was extremely nervous! I feel bad for myself thinking about it now. Poor Cortney. I love to read now though, imagine that!

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Meagan i love you! your positivity optimism and your ability to be happy about the little things truly are gifts!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home