Monday, October 19, 2009

Crabbs

OK so I know it's been a long time and we've not been good at all about writing on this or any other blog and we're sorry. Joan got after us a little bit last night at dinner so I thought I'd hurry and post a little something.

We are doing great. Harley and Liza both started school at a charter school this year, Syracuse Arts Academy. As you might guess their focus is on the Arts which fits my kids to a tee! Harley really loves the change and she has already been in one school play, The Princess and the Pea. She was also in a musical review a few months ago that had scenes from Grease, Guys & Dolls, Music Man and Annie. She sang a solo, Star to Be, in that play and they've asked her to do it again when they perform Annie in December. Liza is loving school too, she comes home with new songs she's learned all the time and I think she especially likes that they say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing the National Anthem every morning. We learned something new about her last week. We were able to get some new furniture (kitchen table, chairs, coffee table, end tables, throw pillows and some large artwork) any way we were taking out some of the old furniture and bringing in the new when Liza got upset. She start telling me, with some very strong feelings, that we should get rid of the new furniture and bring back in the old furniture. I thought she was joking so I started to laugh, wrong thing to do. She started crying and ran to her room. After a long talk with her we realized that she has some issues with change. She did not like the fact that our house was changing. I told her that she'd get used to it and now a week and a half later she is starting to like it.

Beck turned 3 on the 7th and he is so much fun. He loves animals so we got another season pass to the zoo. He also loves cars so for his birthday he got a lot of new toy cars and animals. He has an amazing memory and he always remembers where his things are even when he's hidden them. He is all boy and I'm not sure the girls are always up for that challenge. Every day when I get home we have a little wrestling time so he can let out some of his pent up energy.

Moni is staying busy still as the YW Pres and voice coach. I'll tell you I feel for her on most days because she really does push herself beyond her limits and never complains. She is so amazing in so many ways.

We were able to go to Lake Powell for a week at the end of last month. We had a blast, it was a little windy but we still had a great time hiking and playing in the water. You'll have to get Moni to post her horror story about loading the boat on the trailer when we were coming home.

Not much has changed for me, still working for my dad and having fun with my family. We went deer hunting last weekend and had a great time even thought the hunting was terrible. 3 years ago we were hunting in snow to my hips and this year it was 72 degrees on the mountain which equals no deer out and about! Oh and for the first time really since Harley (8 years) was born I was forced to shave my goatee. Hating the cold face and double chin!

That's us in a nutshell!

7 Comments:

At 5:12 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Oh, and no pics?!! Thanks for posting, Cam! I know Moni is EXTREMELY busy, but some pics? Come on! (;

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Cameron,

Thank you for posting! It is so great to hear from you guys. It means alot for us out of staters to hear what's going on in your lives.

It looks like Ellyn is going to go to a charter school next year and I'm pretty excited about it. Yours sounds wonderful, Sadie would love it.

We miss you guys and love you. Thanks again.

love,
Brooke

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Joan said...

Cameron, You made my day. I didn't know that I would have to complain just a little and you would respond! Your kids are beautiful. It was fun to see them last night. Yes, Beck certainly is a boy. I sat and watched the boys toss him back in forth like he was a ball. He loved it. What a cute family. Thanks for the post!

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Yeah! Glad to see you on the blog and hear all about your cute family. Double chin, yeah right, I think you look great! Why did you shave your goatee?

 
At 4:19 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Tristan and Beck sound identical. Just last night a friend was telling me she couldn't believe how Tristan was "all boy" in spite of being raised in a house of sisters. I can't wait for those two to get together. Thank you for the Crabb update!

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger Meags said...

So good to hear from you. Way to go Joan. You have more persuasive power than you thought.
I can fully relate to Liza. I don't mind new the furniture change thing or traveling a lot but I do like to come home to MY house. I don't like that to change. I hated when we moved from Yelm to the house on Sharon even though it had a pool. I knew the house and my tree would miss me.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Meags said...

last post was from Le Anne Cory must have signed me in or something

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home