Monday, October 12, 2009

bg(couch)life

i think it is time to give a little update……

so for any of you that don’t know i am on a bit of “couch rest”.  this is becoming increasingly hard as the time goes on.  on the 9th of sept. i went in and had an ultra sound after some spotting.  i was told that i had a subchorionic hemorrhage.  it was 3 cm and no big deal and i could go on with life as normal.  so i continued running, working and even backpacking.  on the 17th  we were going to the zoo with some friends.  i was having some bleeding that morning, but thought it was no big deal so we headed out the door.  by the time we got to the zoo i was gushing!  (sorry if this is more info than you want.)  i don’t know exactly what i was thinking but i tried to walk into the zoo anyways.  we didn’t get very far through the parking lot when my head started spinning.  i decided to sit in the car while cory, the kids, and our friends went in.  after about 15 mins i was feeling better so i walked into the zoo.  i went to the bathroom before calling cory to find out where i could meet them.  when i got into the bathroom i was sure that it was all over.  i will leave out all the details because… well because it’s gross.  so i  am in the bathroom trying to call cory, but he is in the sea lion cave and has no reception.  finally i get a hold of him and tell him that we need to leave.  i don’t think i have ever seen cory walk so fast in my life as he was as he came out of the zoo.  i called my mid-wife to see what she wanted me to do.  (i was bawling so hard talking to the nurse that i could hardly talk.)  she was able to get me into the clinic for an emergency ultra sound.  our friends kept benny and her friend, who had come with us, and cory, the other kids and i hurried back to vancouver.  i really felt like the baby was still there but  when we saw the little heart beating i was so relieved!  then i went in and talked to my mid-wife and she told me that the hemorrhage has grown from 3 cm to 8 by 7 by 3 cm.  so the baby was still healthy, but she didn’t know why the hemorrhage had grown. once again she sent me out the door saying that i could continue life as usual.  cory disagreed whole heartily and sentenced me to the couch.  when i started gushing again 5 days later we went back in and talked to my mid-wife and a doctor as well.  the doctor said that she was going to agree with cory and thought the couch was the best place for me. they went on to tell me that this was going to be a drama pregnancy.  so far they are right.  every time i think we are done with some of the drama something else fun starts.  i am 14 weeks so the chance of miscarrying now has gone down, but that has not lessened any of the drama.  i have another ultra sound wednesday, so we might know more. 

so for now i am trying not to go crazy and take everyone along with me.  and despite the constant work by my perfect husband, who is taking up all the slack, my beautiful children who are so helpful and forgiving of my short temper, my loving mother, and my awesome friends and girls in the ward (plus all the calls from my concerned dad and siblings) i feel like my life is falling in around me.  the mom of the home is the only one that sees all the little finger prints that need to be wiped off the walls and doors and drawers and closets that need constant organizing.  

that is my life in a nut shell for now.  we all know that i have a great husband, but he has really out done himself with this pregnancy.  he even told me i had that beautiful pregnancy glow which is amazing seeing how it would take a day at spa just to get me presentable.  wow i love you cory!!!!

11 Comments:

At 1:56 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Thank you so much for the update, Meags. I'm so glad you have the support you need. We'll be praying more fervently for you and this little "drama" baby.

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

I've heard bits and pieces, but it's good to get the details. I am glad you have all the support, I think of you often! Keep us posted.

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Oh Meags! I can feel your pain (and joy!)...that would be hard for me. Just take up some craft that requires sitting all day..hm, I have no ideas there.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Brind+Julia said...

Meags we are sure praying for you and that sweet baby. Brind and I will come over and entertain you soon :)

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

I'll be there in one week sister and i will make every moment a pure delight! even if i have to skip about in a tutu singing outrageously ridiculous songs. oh wait, hazel already does that. . .

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger Cortney said...

I'm glad to hear how things are going. Glad you have your wonderful Cory and kids. Keep us posted. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I hear a little bit from your mom when you texts me good night. Think of all the times that you wish you could sit on the couch and do nothing.Just do it and relax.I'm praying for you!

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh Meags, thanks for the update. That is a freaky story. Just take it easy, the fingerprints and drawers will all be there after this baby is born and you can deal with them then. "They're not going anywhere" That's what mom always tells me when I am freaking out about not getting anything done. We love you guys.

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

I've got two words for you! Laptop and Sudoku!!!! Of course there is always spider solitaire too! I wish I had a good excuse to stay on the couch, I don't, but I do!!! Between those things and crocheting, I am one happy camper!! If you ever need to know how to pass the time by doing nothing of worth, call me! I am the queen of doing nothing!!! I love you and praying for you and Jess is right, those fingerprints are going nowhere!!! Relax!!!

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger beecher fam said...

Oh Meagie! What the crap?! That's absolutely terrifying! I can't believe you were still going to go to the zoo. You're insane. We'll be saying our prayers too.

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger beecher fam said...

Oopsies. That was Alicia in that last comment, in case you were wondering

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home