Saturday, March 06, 2010

Carmel Update















































































Well, our family has just recovered from a nasty bout of stomach flu that hit the home like a tornado. At one point, I was jumping between Brooke, Jane, and Sadie all puking at the the same time while I was also sick. A couple of minutes later, Ellyn joined the party. Sawyer had it on Monday night and although he fully recovered within 24 hours (quicker than any of us), he holds the record for most puking in a night (about 30).

I am wrapping up my 3rd quarter here with finals starting next week. It will be nice to change pace again. Thankfully quarters are only 11 weeks so that prevents some burnout. I don't know how I ever did a semester system.

We are still loving Carmel, the pics above are from a walk Sawyer and I took the other day when I was experimenting with the camera. What a nice place to be!
Our lease is technically over in about 2 months. We are praying hard that we can renew it and stay in this home we love so much. That is my major source of stress right now. How I long for the days when we can own our own home and not worry about this kind of stuff!

But, we have an exciting Spring-Summer ahead of us. We were just looking at all the events coming up and it is quite impressive. U2, Coheed and Cambria, A's games, Big Sur mud run, Le Mans series races, MotoGP races, Rolex series races, Wicked, U.S. Open, family reunion, starting marathon training again, EFY for Jane, San Diego in September and much, much more.

Well I have to put together some homework that I missed while sick. Later.

Mike

2 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger Darla said...

adopt me.

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Darla said...

..and adopt me, too (since that was Geof.'s comment before). Holy cow that place is incredible, you guys. Can't wait to see it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home