Friday, May 14, 2010

exercise, near accident and wardrobe malfunction report

I forgot all the letters but I have been doing the exercise thing every day except Sun for 3 weeks. I started a week earlier when Meags first suggested it but hadn't posted it on the blog. I know it doesn't count but I have done it. It is great to get me going EVERY day. Lots of cross training, european stick walking (Ellery is really into it and going great), running, the death-by-sweat-machine at the gym, hiking, weights, and biking.

Biking has really increased my prayers because honest I am praying the whole time that I don't kill myself or someone won't kill me. I was cruising down 503 in the bike lane riding to Ellery's work (17.5 miles away from home--how is that for a commute) and a lady was coming 90 miles an hour out of her driveway intent on beating the traffic. She didn't see me but luckily she heard me let out this gutteral man roar/beller/scream!!! I was a mere 12 inches from the hood of her truck. I have this morbid fear of being incompassitated. I know most people do. No my life did not flash before my eyes--no time. Prayers answered once again!!!

Last night I walked to Meags' house. Borrowed her bike and a shirt and rode to the church for YW's. The neck of the shirt is gigantic. The other shirt is soaked and I have used it like a towel to clean up a bit. The bishop asks to see me and this shirt is gaping off my body. "Sure do you want to release me from YW's cause I am not dressed according to the standard in For the Strength of Youth? " I try to pull the front up the shoulders fall off. I try to pull the shoulders on and I have a plunging neckline!!! Finally I just gather up as much of it as I can in one hand and try to ignore the funny looks.

Meags comes to pick up Benny from Achievement Days and offers to let me have her sweatshirt. I gratefully accept but all she has on is a t-shirt because all her bras are in the wash (nursing baby) About this time Jack's Scout Master comes over to see if he can help put the bike on top of the Montero. I am old and have a bad shoulder so I'm pretty excited he's offered as Meags hugs the steering wheel smiling sweetly.

Honestly are things like this still supposed to happen to you at my age???

Love to all, Aunt Le Anne/Mom

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Darla said...

I love that you're biking, Le Anne! I LOVE to bike. I could pull my kids around on the bike trailer all day. What bike do you have? Anyway, you're such a cool grandma (says Cole).

 
At 12:53 AM , Blogger LeAnne said...

Tell Cole I don't know about that, ask Meagan. I had their kids watch Dante's Peak tonight and she text to tell me she should have left them here so I could deal with the nightmares. OOPS They needed to see the end and the way they made the movie. Interesting not scarey.
I use Meags bike. Maybe its her prayers that have saved me and the bike!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Joan said...

Such a funny story. Yes biking can be scary. That's why I bike in the early a.m. so my life can be saved and cars don't hate me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home