Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Georgia

I couldn't think of any other way to start my blog. First, Lydia, I am so glad you can get on here. I bet your family misses you so much. I miss you just thinking of you so far away from everyone. Silly huh? Mike was not very happy to find out there are more Little House books. He wouldn't even let me look at the blog, teasing of course.

Darla, Darla, Darla, let me tell you the insecurities that I feel every day. Yesterday it took me the entire day to mow and edge my lawn. Just the back lawn mind you (edge the front). Mike was doing it Saturday but we were going to be late for the lake so I promised him I would do it on Monday. So, Ellyn was still in her pajama top until three. My house was a disaster. My friend Jocelyn, Savannah's mom, walks out her door in her shorts and her polo and edges her yard with her electric trimmer in about 15 minutes while her daughter takes a nap while I'm out with my stupid rolling edger (mom that thing doesn't even roll any more), sweating like a pig, basically ripping the grass out with my fingernails. I can walk in to her house any time of day and it is spotless. She comes over to mine and there are big piles of shoes at the back door that Ellyn pulls off the shelves at least 3 times a day. Grass, barbies, dress ups, and the dog sprawled on my kitchen floor. Always dishes in the sink, no matter how many times a day I do them. No make up, in my work clothes. No one ever drops by when my house is clean, which is about once a day every three days or so. It is always in the middle of breakfast at nine when everyone else on the street ate theirs at 7:30. So you see, there is nothing to feel insecure about. I think I post my accomplishments on here, no matter how small they may be because to just about anybody else they are not even worth mentioning. I just torture my family with them. So you can blog with the rest.

Meags, it was very cute talking to dad Monday morning. He was telling me how much he took all of mom's pregnancies for granted. How he didn't really realize how hard it was to be pregnant with lots of little kids, to gain so much weight and then try to figure out how to loose it, to feel total exhaustion. He said watching you (he said you girls, but I don't think he's ever been around me really pregnant so I know he meant you) gives him a much greater appreciation of all that mom went through. Now, if he could just teach a seminar.

Mindi, did I miss somewhere that you announced you thought you might be pregnant? Are you officially trying? Please fill me in.

Okay, besides that. I have to announce that my blogs might be more spread out and shorter for the next month and a half. I really need to use time when my kids are asleep or self entertained to start packing stuff up. I'm really nervous that I won't get it all put together. I want to do the packing myself because I know Mike is not going to know what I want to have at mom's and what goes to storage. It was so much easier when it was just Jane, now I'm lucky if I can get in fifteen minutes in one setting. So I'm starting ridiculously early and I probably still will be running behind in the end. By the way, they are still working with Mike's orders. We could still get Lewis, but we don't know and we move in a month and five days. I feel quite certain that I'm losing my mind. My best friend here at Benning moves today. We are going to the zoo all together tomorrow because her husband has to stay two more days, but the movers packed up everything yesterday and load it today. Okay, I really have to go now. It is time to wake my kids up for their nine o'clock breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home