Wednesday, January 11, 2006

bad advice

Brooke’s plan worked. She figured if she wrote enough about our boring lives you all would kick in. geof. And darla I can relate to the whole baby girl not taking meds. In fact, hazel right now should be on her last day of anti-biotic instead the still full bottle is sitting in our frige. We thought her aspirating on them was worse than the ear infection. I have given up medicating my children all together. See, when they are sick they kind of just sit around or want me to hold them. As soon as I give them meds they’re back to their old, crazy selves. So that is one way to control your children, expose them to the flu or such, then do nothing and enjoy. Now you wont find that in any of those parenting books. Really I want to know how anyone with “high-spirited” children has time to read all those books on how to be a good parent. I am way too busy being a bad parent to do anything like that. I have found that threatening beatings works, only to scare people around you. The other day in Costco, I was telling ben and wil that if they didn’t sit down I would beat them. This guy turns around with this horrified look on his face, but relieved to see me still unloading groceries as my babies just laughed at me. But really two things that I know to be true…1. Never show weakness (you don’t want them to think they are in control.) 2. They can smell fear. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to make that knowledge work to my benefit.

Life around here has been…wet. I now have the swimming pool in my back yard I have always wanted. I also have one in my front yard, side yard, end of my driveway and any other low spot on the face of the earth here in the great state of wa. We have still managed to be outside almost everyday in spite of all the rain. This could account for wilohm always being sick. But remember a sick kid is a well behaved kid, so I will carry on. Cory has been working 12 hours days, and I, being from the work-smurk school of thinking, am having a hard time with it. I guess I will have to get use to it until his company gets off the ground enough to sustain my spending habits on its own. So if you need a web site or know someone who does you know where to go. And despite what he thinks, he is very good. The kidos are doing great, getting cuter everyday and a little scarier too. Jack is getting into other things now, big boy things like card trading and crap. Stuff I know nothing about. I am not looking forward to the day when he discovers that I am not the center of the universe. Ok this whole blog is really confusing, you should have stopped reading along time ago, but since you haven’t I will save you from any further suffering.

Blog……………me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home