Friday, February 17, 2006

Bus ride from H

Many, if not all of you have made the trek from Salt Lake to Kaysville. By car it is about 30 minutes, by bus it is about 40 minutes. You will never in your wildest dreams imagine how long it took me to get home Wednesday night...4 HOURS!!! That's right. A snow storm started early in the morning and continued all day. I waited for the 3:58 bus, which was late, for about 15 minutes while listening to others talk about the freeway being closed down because life flight was blocking it in Centerville and the snow was so thick people couldn't see out of their windows and they were getting in wrecks. There were 235 wrecks on I-15 and 550 total wrecks throughout the state (according to Deseret News) It was mayhem...absolute madness. So I finally get on the bus and the driver takes the back roads which are packed with snow and cars. I decide to take a nap and possibly sleep the ride away but much to my chagrin I awake to see we have only moved about a mile. By about 6 p.m. we are barely in Bountiful and I am nearly in tears thinking about how much further we still had to go. The bus driver kept heading away from the freeway thinking he would find an emptier road but I think every other Utahan had that same idea. One person actually got off the bus somewhere in Bountiful and started running...who knows where he went I just know he got there hours before any of us. So we finally head back towards the freeway but then suddenly the bus driver takes another side road. I thought the passengers were going to lynch him. We started getting news that the freeway was open so people were yelling to the bus driver to get back on the freeway. When we got to the on-ramp everyone started cheering...it was ridiculous. Some passengers, who crowded onto the bus had to stand for this 4 hour ordeal. I felt so bad for them. Finally at 8 p.m. I arrived to my snow covered car in the park and ride lot. What a day, needless to say I was in a horrible mood for the rest of the evening, all 2 hours of it. When I woke up on Thursday I watched the traffic and again the roads were horrendous so I called into work and told them I wouldn't be coming. If I had to go through that again I don't know what I'd do. Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home