Friday, February 10, 2006

ColoradoBennett

LDS Living magazine has an article called "Blogging for Beginners" that says, 'What's cheaper than a phone call, more thoughtful and intimate than email, and easier to create than an actual family newsletter? It's a blog! Short for web-log, it is essentially a glorified personal diary or log that is frequently updated." We are so ahead of the times, thanks to Brooke. Where are you, Brooke?
So I need some suggestions on how to get my teenage girls to play nice and like each other. I think there might be some race issues, there definitely is some "princess" issues, and big fellowshiping issues. I heard a great quote that I think I'll use on them on Sunday. Someone once asked someone really important, let's say an apostle, how you can tell if someone is converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. His reply was something to the effect of "you can tell by how that person treats other people". So throwing a fit and stomping out of the gym when someone gets in front of you during a basketball drill might be an indication that we need to work on our Christ-like behavior.
Meags, I'm glad to hear the Hazy Mae is ok. That's just down right scary. I need to pull it together and make sacrifices to get my work-outs in like you do. I do just fine with early morning prego-yoga, but I just can't get a walk in everyday like I need to. It is either too cold to put the kids in the jogger, take Max, and take off for a walk, or we are sick, or I just run out of time, etc. I need to stop with the excuses and just find a way.
Lydia, I'm glad you are safe. Those cornices are beautiful and scary. But avalanches are just down right the scarriest things imaginable. I had to watch a video about them before going on a winter climb and I'll never forget a testimonial from a guy caught in an avalanche. He said the snow filled up his mouth, nose, eyes, ears, everything with such force that he almost lost consciousness, but luckily dug his way out.
Ok, so sesame street is almost over and I'm going to sneak onto the couch for a quick power nap. Happy Birthday tomorrow to the only-family-Man-who-never-blogs ( I guess that's not fair to Tony, because Big Daddy Boo never blogs either).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home