Monday, April 10, 2006

life is good

Cory’s car wouldn’t start for the millionth time this morning.  So after a half hour of working, scrubbing, and popping the clutch, it finally turned over.  He came in the house and said, “ I don’t have enough money for this.”  Well I’m trying to feed the kids breakfast and stay calm, hoping Cory’s frustration won’t escalate and Bennett disappears.  Not uncommon during a meal.  She can’t hold still for a whole that long to save her life.  But after a couple a minutes I call her back to the kitchen; no response.  After awhile  I call again and ask what she is doing.  She says she can’t get her lid back on her piggy bank.  Right then I start to cry.  I walk into her room and she has got a fist full of coins.  I’m bawling now and ask if it’s for daddy.  She starts to cry, because I am and nods her head yes.  Cory comes in the front door and she goes running out crying holding her little stack of coins and holds them up to him.  He of course has no idea what is going on.  He takes the money and Bennett runs into the kitchen to finish crying over her cereal.  Cory gives me the look like, “what have you done?”  I tell him what just happened and he starts to bawl.  Don’t tell him I told you he cried, he’ll never admit it.  Right then I was reminded why I love being a mom.  I can’t even express how I feel.  I love her so much she has such a sweet soul.  

This is a big week for us brinders coming home, all the kids together with the boys coming up.  Jackson turning 7 and hazel learned how to pull herself up and crawl.  Heavenly Father has blessed us so much.  If I could just remember how I feel right now when everything is going wrong it would do me good.

I love you all blog ya later.  I have to go see geoffy, darla and the babies.          me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home