Friday, April 07, 2006

Peace in the Land Once Again

Okay, to my knowledge peace has been restored once again in Blogland. Not only that but Aunt Jack has promised not to forsake the blog. I guess we all need to remember we love each other and we can work out any situation with a little love and patience, at least that's what I tell myself a million times a day as I attempt to raise my kids.

Alicia, we should never let Sadie and Chlo get together without at least 20 or so adults standing guard. Meagan and I just got done driving up to Mt. Rainier (3 hours) spending 5 hours playing in the snow while mom and Ellynn and Brind built an igloo and driving home. We decided in advance that we would watch for cues and leave 15 minutes before melt down. Somehow we missed the cues. Jane was crying because Jackson got to stay over night and she needed to come home for her cousin's baptism, Bennett was upset about leaving grandma (these two emotional outbursts came just after), and Sadie and Wil almost simultaniously broke into sobs about being tired and wanting to go or not go depending on the way the wind was blowing. So Meagan and I trekked to the car, babies in backpacks, snowshoes and backpacks of extra clothes in hand, bribing the two exhausted children with the reward of skittles from our October camping trip that I found in my backpack. Then we had the fun car ride home with Sadie and Wil arguing over who is the boss of who and just about any other subject under the sun until I would turn on music loud enough to drown them out. Luckily they fell asleep for the middle of the trip. It was a wonderful day over all though. Just those little things that make having fun with children positively exhausting (did I mention how long it takes to get seven children into snow gear, walk them to the bathrooms, take them to the bathroom, redress said children and finally head out into the snow?).

Like I always say, I love you all. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home