Monday, August 28, 2006

ColoradoBennett

It's awful to check the blog over and over and see that no one has posted in 5 days. I guess it is about time I put our little update in. Sierra desperately needs to be in school. Today I was on the phone and she was literally jumping off the walls (off the couch, kicking the wall, and landing on the Foof), then she ran up to me and yelled "I LOVE JOY SCHOOL". Joy school is the LDS home pre-school that I do with 3 other moms and it doesn't start until Sep. 5th. This summer break has just killed Sierra, she really is attached to her little friends. Everyone else her age is going to afternoon ECE (early childhood education) but she misses the birthday cutoff by 11 days. But I'm still searching for a school that will take her because it will be good for both of us.
Poor Adam had to drive 1,614 miles this weekend. The student we had living upstairs, Mohammed #2, missed his flight to Montana on Friday and needed to be there to start school. At first I was thinking "wow, I'd like to drive to Montana, I'll take him." But then I realized that wouldn't work, so I volunteered Adam to do it. We looked it up on line and it was supposed to take 12 hours. But it really took more like 16 or 17. Sierra went with them, but apparently she did good (Mohammed gave her a lot of candy and Adam let her watch "King Kong" and "Van Helsing" over and over). Adam was dead tired by the time they got back home and I felt awful. He said, next time we offer to drive someone somewhere we have a 100 mile limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home