Friday, January 12, 2007

Povo wife

Mindi, I'm so glad you finally posted! I've been missing your blogs and especially your pics. I was thinking, when I saw the pics of the girls at church, "those dresses look so vintage. they're so cute". That's great that someone saved them for you. Anyway, I just got back from my cousin's house. Her husband served his mission in France and so he made some fabulous dessert crepes. Yes, I had four. I was really hesitant about going since Cole threw up last night and had some other pretty unsightly problems this morning, but after sitting in the house ALL day, we just had to get out. The kids didn't eat anything but really enjoyed the attention from all these newly married couples. Geof. and I are WAY past our prime here in Provo. Everyone we started out with is long gone and now the new batch of singles and newlywed cousins are taking our place. I'm sure it'll be bitter sweet to leave, but we're ready. Geof. takes his first exam tomorrow..his oral. He's been studying like a madman as you can imagine and is actually surprisingly confident that he'll do well. As you all know, Geof. ALWAYS thinks he'll flunk his tests and he always comes out on top...literally at the top of the class. So after the oral tomorrow, he'll have 10 days of sim testing which is kind of like sitting in a fake cockpit pretending you're flying one of their jets. Fun. He's SOO ready to be done, as are we. poor Cole tears up almost daily now thinking of his daddy. I'm just not the best wrestler I guess. We have been incredibly blessed however, and I'm just grateful to have a husband who loves and misses his family so much. He tells me about so many pilots who have families but who would rather get drunk with the "crew" instead. Yuck. Thank you for the gospel, and truth, and families. ~Darla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home