Sunday, April 15, 2007

green Virginia

Wow it's gorgeous out here. LeAnne, you left right before things got good. The blossoms were at their peak about a week and a half ago and are still a nice treat to every front yard. I can't believe how green it is here! Utah is so beautiful with its mountains and ruggedness, but this is just something else. We just got back from church and are going to the airport pretty soon here to pick up Geof. Poor guy was expected to sit at a hotel all day in Milwaukee. Yes, he did get paid for it but decided to leave early losing $40. Kind of lame since $40 is a lot for us, but he's already sick of hotels. Anyway, church was sooo good. They had 3 new adult baptisms this week and have already had like 20 converts this year! I'm so envious of the missionaries. It's a wonderful, close ward. I met the gospel essentials teacher today and told her I'd be happy any time to sub for her. I think that'd be a wonderful experience. Our gospel doctrine class is very uplifting and for anyone who skips out on this class regularly-PLEASE GO!! I needed it so bad. Today we talked about Christ feeding the 5000 and walking on the sea of Galilee. I won't go into the specifics, but what I felt was learned was that we must have faith that if we're doing what's right, we won't need to worry so much about temporal things. Duh-I'm sure that's what you're all thinking. But my mind has been so on "when will I get my house? When will Geof. make more money?" and not with, "how can I be a better person?" Well, to be honest, the Spirit constantly tells me, 'you can do better than this'- and I'm grateful for at least knowing and feeling that still. But I've seem to become too "comfortable" with the mountain of "trials" set before me- almost like I use them as an excuse to not progress. A guy in our class remarked on that and it was so perfect. We complain about how hard things are and how many trials we have, but forget that we actually kind of prefer those trials to the fact that we can overcome and use the Atonement. Make sense? I'm rambling I know!! I'm sorry. I have goals I need to set right now so i'll leave you (I'm sure some of you are saying thank goodness). You guys are such a good family and I thank you for your positive attitudes and examples. Happy late Easter and Spring!! love-Darla

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

That sounds very beautiful there. That is also very exciting about the church things and tell Jeff I said hi and I love him and you guys. I love you buy!

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home