Monday, July 23, 2007

Bavaria in Paris

Wow, what an amazing family we have. Mindi and Jack, how lucky are we to have two highly organized, caring women in one family? I can't wait to update my birthday folder that Mindi made for me. Well, we finally are in a place with internet and I wanted to get on the blog and wish my sweet, sweet Cory a happy birthday, also Monie, Ki, and all the other July b-days that I now know- oh and Tristan's is coming. I hope you all have a wonderful b-day and I love you all.

So we are now in Paris. We spent several days in Normandy visiting the D-day beaches, museums, the American cemetary, and a beautiful little village called Bayeaux. From there we drove to Disneyland Paris. It was fabulous. We had so much fun. We stayed in little Mobile Home type cabins at Davey Crockett's Resort and while Disney considers it their "budget" offerings we loved the setting and the autonomy of our own little cabin. At Disneyland they gave us a handicap pass for Ellyn and so we didn't have to wait in any lines on the rides she could ride. It was a lifesaver for all of us. Dis. Paris is much more strict as far as riding when pregnant and there were only a few rides they would let me on, but Pirates was one of them so I was okay.

Last night we drove into Paris. We have an amazing little apartment with the yummiest, cheapest little restaurant down the street. Today was pouring rain but it was the day we had planned for the Louvre so it worked out well. A bit crowded but amazing. Our kids did a whopping five hours. Mike and I were very impressed. We would love to have a few more days there but we have to much to do. Two more days here and then off to London.

It sounds like you are all doing great, except maybe mom and Mindi. Mike and I were dying laughing and also feeling terrible for you both. Thank goodness you had the Bennetts. They are such a great family.

Jess and Tony, I'm so sorry to hear about Indie. I know that she will be loved and cared for in every way. I know that you will be blessed and sustained and that little girl will make all of your hardships worth it. I understand, to a lesser degree obviously, what stresses Dr. visits, uncertainty, and the constant concern for Indie can have on each of you. Please remember that we are all always here to support you and help you in any way we can. We all love you so much.

I love you all and miss you very much. I will write again at some point. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home