Sunday, September 09, 2007

ColoradoBennett

President Kimball wrote: "Is there not wisdom in His giving us trials that we might rise above them, responsibilities that we might achieve, work to harden our muscles, sorrows to try our souls? Are we not exposed to temptations to test our strength, sickness that we might learn patience, death that we might be immortalized and glorified? If all the sick for whom we pray were healed, if all the righteous were protected and the wicked destroyed, the whole program of the Father would be annulled and the basic principle of the gospel, free agency, would be ended. No man would have to live by faith."
Brooke, I imagine in heaven you will be placed upon a high tower and on the side will be written "The Queen of Patience". And you'll have beautiful, long braided hair and when people come to visit you'll let down your hair...oh, wait that is another story. We have to live by faith, but we'll continue to pray for you.
The heartbreaking news about Allennett: the deal fell through yesterday.
On another note, I'd like to ask blogging females what they would do to their husbands if they referred to you as "a rock-star lover" while giving a lesson in Elder's Quorum on marriage. Someone told me in the hall after Church that my ears should be burning and that Adam talked about me during his lesson. I haven't stopped blushing after he told me the details of his class.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Oh Mind,
life with Adam...so fun. (: I'm soo sorry about Allennett (I don't know if I got the spelling right on that). I do hope something better comes up...right? can't wait to see you. Darla p.s. perfect quote

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home