Monday, November 19, 2007

Crabb's

Hey Family,
It has been awhile. It would take months of reading to totally get caught up on the blog, but I have sure missed my fam. Life has been nuts as usual. I am hoping by the time the Holiday's hit I will have a moment to sit down and relax. For the most part I think we are somewhat settled. Last week brought on a ton of stress but it is all over with thank goodness. Just to give you a typical day in the life Thursday was 4-year-old day at our house. Yes, that's right it was my week for Preschool, so from 9am-12pm we had Preschool, from 12:15-2:15pm we had Liza's craft group over for a turkey day craft and lunch, and then from 2:30-8pm I taught Voice Lessons in Ogden. Needless to say we all made it through without too many problems. This was quite typical of the entire week. On top of it all my Young Women had their Young Women in Excellence Program in which we performed the Daughter of a King Program. For those who know nothing about it, it is an amazing program made up of many speaking parts and songs throughout. Luckily I have an amazing Father who made it all technically pleasing, and a great group of leaders who are so willing to help out when I actually delegate. Life has slowed considerably since then now I just need to get my house under control and life will be perfect.
Darla those Pics are great!!! WOW!!! I can't believe how fast all of our kiddos are growing. Beck has sprouted. I swear from the moment he took his first step he became another person. It was not encouraged, the little man is all boy, and I knew the moment he sensed the freedom of walking we would be in big trouble. He has not proved the theory wrong. He is into everything, and he is the biggest tease. In fact he has spoken a couple of clear words other then the basic ma, da, and this, but he refuses to repeat them. My in-laws were watching the kids and I guess Beck walked over to his Grandpa and said clear as day "Grandpa!" he gave Grandpa a sly teasing smile and walked away. He has not repeated it since. He is definitely a quite tease. It has been fun to watch his personality blossom.
The girls are doing great also. Harley loves Kindergarten. She is definitely in her element and enjoys every moment. Liza has not fallen in love yet; I don't think she is quite ready to leave Mom. She has no problem when it is at our house, but she really has no desire to go when it is at someone else’s house. I know many of the Mom's in the group think I am crazy when I mention pulling her because of this, but I home taught Harley for preschool and she is doing great. I don't understand the reasoning behind forcing your kids to go Preschool, when our days are truly numbered. How much longer will our children want to spend every minute with us? I plan on taking advantage of it as long as I can. To further the soapbox this is truly the foundation of my thinking, Ezra Taft Benson said, "We become enamored with men's theories such as the idea of pre-school training outside the home for young children. Not only does this put added pressure on the budget, but it places young children in an environment away from mother's influence... Mothers in Zion, your God-given roles are so vital to your own exaltation and to the exaltation of your family. A child needs a mother more than all the things money can buy. Spending time with your children is the greatest gift of all." There we have it. Ok I am finished. Sorry I did not expect my blog to become a church talk. I guess I am just venting. Please also note that I do not look down on those who preschool their children. Obviously not since I am trying it out. I just thought I would explain my reasoning. Other than that Liza is doing great. She just started pre-ballet, and loves every minute of it. She will sing her first solo next Thursday at my recital. She is really excited.
You have now been updated. Cam is doing great, as you all know his favorite Holiday is almost here. He just finished putting up the lights on our house this last weekend, and no, they will not be lit until the day after Thanksgiving. We will start decorating this week. The kids have been counting down the days. On that note we are definitely hoping to have some Holiday visitors. Last year was a blast! If any are coming through please plan on staying with the Crabb's we would love to have you. We now have two extra rooms fully furnished with Queen beds, we also have the most "comfortable" queen size air mattress, and the girls each have a twin bed they would love to give up for the sake of visitors if those rooms are filled. We will even provide some scraps of food. Well I hope you all know your welcome, even the Utah fam we can have a big slumber party! I hope all is well with everyone. We love you!
Moni
P.S. Mike it was great to hear from you, the article was awesome. Thanks!
P.P.S. Jess sorry about the heater. At least with a sufficient furnace, you will find a significant decrease in your heating bill.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Moni, that quote is awesome! Thank you so much for posting that! Sierra is chomping at the bit to go to school, but I know my little Kaia is going to have a hard time also when the time comes. She even struggles with going to nursery some weeks even though she is only 6 weeks away from Primary! It was so good to hear from you. I really hope we can take you up on the offer to come visit! Your house is such a dream during the holidays.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home