Monday, March 31, 2008

for my sweet shishta

i remembered to post a reminder about ellynn's birthday, then don't get on and actually post a tribute.  sorry i am crazy! 

elly what can i say about you?  you are my hero.  i want to be just like you.  i remember sitting in church when i was a senior and elly was in 7th grade and thinking why can't i look like that?  i have come to discover over the the years that what makes ellynn look so good is that she has confidence.  she knows who she is and with that confidence she lifts others around her.  i always love when ellynn does my hair and make up, but it's not so much that she has made me look pretty on the outside it's that she has made me feel beautiful on the inside.  i love my elly!  i miss her every second that we are apart!  i wish more than anything that we could always be together, but i think it was jesse that said "at least we have eternity".  i am grateful for that.  the other night patti called and invited me to go with her to a shower that i had not been invited to.  i told her that i would go, but then called cory with doubts about going and people not wanting me there.  you know all those crazy thoughts we all have.  cory gave me some advise.....he said do you know why everyone always wants ellynn to be at every party?  because ellynn knows everyone wants her to be there.  and because she knows that:  everyone does want her to be there.  (did that make sense?  it did when cory told me.)  her self assurance keeps her from thinking about herself and focus all of her attention on others.  that is why ellynn is my hero.  i love her and i do want to be just like her! 

7 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Wow, Ellynn! Talk about having the world's most desirable quality! I had a very simialar conversation with Adam recently, Meagan. I was convinced that all our friends (or spouses of friends) couldn't stand me. Confidence is more valuable than rubies.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Uh Mind you are about the most standable person I know. I don't think that is a word but I just mean you are so funny and pleasant who wouldn't want to be around you.

I totally agree about Elly too!

 
At 6:00 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Amen Meags. I feel the same way about Ellynn (and Mindi). I wish I had more self confidence and vanity like they do...just kidding!!! But really, I know I need to work on loving myself so I can in turn love others. You're all so great!!

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

I once read or heard the quote "when we are self conscious that is exactly who we are thinking about- ourselves. Think of others and their comfort level and don't focus on yourself." I wish I remembered that quote more often but it has come in handy a few times.

All of you girls are the most fun likable girls ever. If I could you would all be the girls I would hang out with all the time. Ellyn does have a gift. She is amazing!

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

wow- I'm changing that picture the next time I have make up on.

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger Cory said...

i know i'm gorgeous and exhilarating.

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

how about we all make me cry. meagan, i love you with all of my heart and soul. that's funny that you want to be like me because i want to be just like YOU! you are a big part of the reason i have the confidence i do. i figure if anyone as cool as you wants me around all the time, everyone else probably does too.
you guys are all amazing women and i am so happy that we have eternity!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home