Thursday, March 06, 2008

va

I posted this on rob and patti's guestbook already, but I'll share it with you as well. Rob's illness and eventual passing has made me think a lot about how strong Patti has been through all of this and perhaps, it was because of some decisions she made beforehand that strengthened her testimony and faith in Christ enough for her to be able to endure what she has endured. I remember hearing how she had sat through a lesson in RS I believe and come to the conclusion that she and Rob needed to have more children. And then they had twins. (: That's not an easy thing to do! But she and Rob grew so much I'm sure, and perhaps Patti wouldn't have been as strong had she not submitted her will to the Lord's earlier on. Anyway, I'm grateful for the Spirit and its promptings. How wonderful our lives could be (with or without trials) if we had the peace that comes from knowing we're doing what our Father in Heaven wants for us. It's sad to have to learn from other's tragedies, but hopefully it will allow us to be more aware of how we need to be living.
~darla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home