Friday, May 09, 2008

ColoradoBennett

I've been avoiding the blog. I didn't want to record the humbling, humiliating, heart-breaking happenings this week. Nothing of great eternal significance, but close. Monday morning I was on my way to pick up a girl for seminary at 5:55 a.m. and Adam's truck died. To add to my frustration, his phone was off. But that all worked out. Then Tuesday I finally had all the pictures and paper work necessary to get passports for all the kids and we were off to meet Adam at the post office. I loaded the treasured Chariot stroller into the bed of my truck, buckled up the kids, and rushed off. About 15 miles later a woman pulls up next to me, honking and waving. I knew right away what she was going to say as my stomach tied itself into a knot and I thought "Arahhagepht! I forgot to close the tail gate!" Sure enough, the Chariot fell out at 88th and Sheridan and by the time I got back there it was gone. I lugged my three kids around to all the neighboring businesses (Kaia forgot to grab her shoes that morning so I was trying to carry her and Tristan), stopped a city worker, went to the police office, put adds on craigslist, posted signs (in the pouring rain) despite the warning that I could be fined $1000 for posting signs, etc. I held my breath every time my phone rang, hoping it was the person who picked up the Chariot and they were on their way to return it. Hoping for a miracle like Darla's story about her lost luggage (ask her to tell you the story, it is amazing). Geof. left me the funniest message, to the tune of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot". I wish I could put it on here. Something about how our Chariot is never "coming forth to carry me home". Alas, no calls. It is gone. I'm going to have to donate plasma for an entire year to earn enough money to buy another one. Then to top it all off I tried to put the blond streak back in my hair yesterday and it looks awful. I've tried to fix it three times. I'm really sad about losing my sanity, but it's gone.

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

No Mindi!!! That is awful. I can't believe some joker would take a chariot they just found on the street. I am sorry you have had a crazy week. I have been wondering where you were.

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Mindi! I'm sorry we haven't called you back to see how things were. I feel so bad! Hopefully you'll find a smoking deal on another one! WE love you! sorry about the hair!

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger Meags said...

mindi i think we have weeks like that so the everyday poopy diaper, sick kids, and too many meals and clean-up kind of weeks don't seem so bad. oh and if you need to feel better about you hair i have some pictures of some of my great do's that would make you feel much better. i love you sorry

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

You are breaking my heart Mindi!! Maybe you can look at it like.. the person who took it must have needed it REALLY bad.They better have anyway.Wishing you a better week!
:) Jess Beecher

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home