Monday, May 05, 2008

Emerald City, VA

I just got back from the most beautiful run. Have I mentioned how green it is here??! The humidity hasn't begun yet, so I'm sure that's why we're all in a state of loving Richmond bliss around here. When I left for Colorado and Utah everything was in bloom, but a lot of the trees were still pretty bare. The day after we got back I was driving Cole to school and he kept talking about how many pretty green leaves were on the trees. Sorry I'm not even posting a pic to compliment my bragging session about VA. Moving on. I listened to Geof.'s ipod while running today (I don't own one myself) and listened to Sunday morning conference. What wonderful talks!! Elder Uchdorf's (I don't think I got the spelling right on that one) talk was incredible. Very powerful. It made me think of the many people we taught on my mission who believed what we taught was true, but knew their ancestors would "turn over in their grave" if they ever turned from Catholicism. What about our forefathers, Abraham, Enoc, Noah (you'll have to read the talk if you don't remember him mentioning them)? Anyway, General Conference is such a blessing. We are so blessed to know these truths. We had Dayne's birthday last night at our friends house. Fun fun. Dayne was hysterical. Did I mention we took her in to have tests and she has urinary reflux? Maybe I did. Anyway, she might have to be on a antibiotic for a whole year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home