Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ColoradoBennett

Yikes. I didn't think Brind and Julia read the blog, but just in case, I'll join with Meags in a belated birthday shout out.
Now that I'm here posting I wish I had something exciting or funny to say, but I can't think of anything...
How 'bout a love poem:
Poems of Sara Teasdale
Primavera Mia
As kings who see their little life-day pass,
Take off the heavy ermine and the crown,
So had the trees that autumn-time laid down
Their golden garments on the faded grass,
When I, who watched the seasons in the glass
Of mine own thoughts, saw all the autumn's brown
Leap into life and don a sunny gown
Of leafage such as happy April has.
Great spring came singing upward from the south;
For in my heart, far carried on the wind,
Your words like winged seeds took root and grew,
And all the world caught music from your mouth;
I saw the light as one who had been blind,
And knew my sun and song and spring were you.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

great poem mind! i wish i could post intelligent sounding things like you always do. i could post a paragraph from "the host".

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Oooooo, how is "the host" going? I'm reading "In The Company of the Courtesan" and pretending I'm in Venice. Although, I'm sure glad I wasn't alive in 1527, their quality of life was pretty crappy. I only post intelligent sounding things because I spend way too much time on the computer and it is easy to cut and paste.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home