Sunday, November 16, 2008

This Weekend We...

Scrubbed up the strollers and the dog crates and cleaned up the garage. We were going to put up Christmas decorations but it was 82 degrees, that's right- BEAUTIFUL!!!! Not Christmas decoration putting up weather.
Decorated Sadie's Feather for her 1st grade class Thanksgiving project. Is that a killer feather or what?
Made several batches of truffles.

I had made the ganache for Enrichment Tuesday night but it didn't cool in time. Dang. So I took soup and a centerpiece (my new calling is being on the Enrichment Committee) and called it good. Oh, I did help set up, that's what we did as one of our errands on Tuesday. Do you see how I am rationalizing the fact that the girls and I made truffles off and on for about four days and ate them all ourselves? Sadie loved to dip them in the unsweetened cocoa. We have a fine layer of cocoa on dishes, counters, clothing, etc...
Took the puppies to the Carmel Community Park. It is a great big field where a million dogs run around getting to know each other. There is also a playground. The kids loved it. The dogs loved it.


Sawyer loved the baby swing but he really wanted to get up on this one.
Took a nap or two.

Ellyn was ready for the weekend. I brought my camera out when I went to get her off the bus Friday afternoon. She always gives me the best smiles and I wanted to capture one, but she had a very full day at school and a warm bus ride home. She was sound asleep.
Took some baths.

Sawyer thought that he could grab hold of this stream of water. He was giving it his very best effort.
Had a great weekend. It really felt long and productive and relaxing. Perfect.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM , Blogger Meags said...

wow i miss my babies, and i miss 80 degree weather. although i do enjoy freezing our butts off on the way to school this morning. oh and how i wish i was there to enjoy some of those truffles yummmmy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home