Monday, May 18, 2009

back to Richmond!











We made it and all is well. I've been cleaning/unpacking since Wed. and have decided to take LeAnne's advice and do what I can without freaking out too much. One step at a time...my new motto. The kids are so happy about the house and the yard, and I couldn't be happier about my laundry room!! It's always great to have space! Cole's most exciting discovery is the attic with the drop down stairs. I'm always a bit scared that it'll come dropping down on my face like on 'National Lampoons Christmas Vacation'. Is that the right movie, Geof and Ellynn? Anyway, it's been hot and humid and the neighborhood pool opens this weekend, thankfully. Cole started school today-literally a 5 min. walk away (however, there's a bus that is available to and from the school...WHAT?) and we're so glad he's in a great, I mean REALLY great school district-just hope he makes friends before the summer! Dayne got her bday date with daddy and we picked up a bike from Goodwill for $7. She loves it! A few funny Dayne stories from yesterday. Our friends were coming over to share some chili, so I was in the kitchen making corn bread. Dayne comes in, "Mommy, someone squeezed out all the toothpaste in the sink. Dad's gonna say it was me, but it's not true.". Sure enough, the brand new 'kid' toothpaste that I never buy, but decided I should because my kids always say their mouths are on fire using our stuff, was squirted, I mean a TON, all over the sink. And just so you know, it was Dayne. }; And what, 10 minutes later, after our friends had arrived and we're all in the kitchen, Dayne walks in again after having been outside (who knew?) and says to them, "someone let your dog out of the car". We immediately knew who that someone was. Any ideas on how to help your child tell the truth? We've almost completely stopped the negative, "Don't lie" comment, and now try, "Please tell the truth, Dayne", but it doesn't always help. ugh. June got pretty sick the 2nd day we were here and was up 2 nights in a row with a temp. above 103. Pretty scary. The worst way her crying out, "Owee, owee." So sad. Even more sad that I have no idea how to spell that. And, moving on. We miss you all in WA (and Utah and Cali., of course!) and wish we could be in Colorado with that beautiful little treasure, Ruby.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Love the pics. Love the house! Yeah!!!!!

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Meags said...

the house looks awesome! we need more picks of the inside and back yard. i love the trees and the brick!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home