Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mom

Do you want to know what I love about my mom? Everything. Even the parts that make me crazy (or her crazy, depending on how you want to look at it), because that is what makes her mom. She doesn't sweat the small stuff, like when you blog about her the day AFTER Mother's Day. You don't ever have to go over the top to show your gratitude for mom, you don't have to worry that you've offended her or hurt her feelings. Do you know how refreshing that is in a woman? A thank you and a hug and mom knows you love her and that you noticed whatever amazing thing she's done for you.
Mom can pretty much do anything she puts her mind and her muscles to- and she'll do it in a way you've never really considered but makes alot of sense once you think it through. For instance, in Germany she took us out to get plywood and cinderblocks for my foodstorage shelves (about a week after Sawyer was born). We hadn't made it all the way to that project yet by the night before she was going to leave. I assured mom I would get it done. After I was asleep mom went down to my storage room in the middle of the night and built the shelves, loaded them with my food storage, and organized my entire storage room

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

why does it not surprise me that she did those shelves alone. she is amazing and much lower maintenance than her hair. we have an amazing mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home