Friday, July 31, 2009

Trailer Life

Hey guys. Greetings from what my mom calls the "Hatch Hotel." But I can tell you, first hand, after living in it for 10 days, hotel it is not. We sold our house the week after the fourth of July and were kindly asked to be out in 2 weeks. We packed everything into a storage shed and pulled kev's parent's trailer over here to mom's. Dad was kind enough to re-wire something outside so we could hook up the a/c and mom gave us our own key to the salon so we can use the potty in the night. My favorite memory so far is piggy-backing a dead asleep Chloe to the bathroom in the middle of the night (in my garments no less) and having the motion sensing flood lights kick on. We've also solved the bathing issue by making it to Cherry Hill at least 3 times a week and taking full advantage of the luke warm, timed showers. Feel free to start humming the little banjo tune from "Deliverance" at any time. We do. It's fun. Seriously though, it really is working out just fine. I'm disgusted however that I am existing just fine without one thing in that darn 12 x 45 ft storage shed. I'd like to go over and accidentally leave it unlocked. I'm angry that we own that much stuff. Anyway I'm excited to be able to steal Lydi's laptop and read everybody's stories. Remember when I used to have the internet and I used to be a part of everyone's lives? Me too. Good times. Ok, love you guys. Say your prayers that mom and dad don't suddenly come to their senses and we have to pull this down and park it next to the river. Oh wait, that's a van. Anyway, talk to you later - Leash

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger Cory said...

ha ha ha ha ha! oh man this is great!
you guys should get rid of the a/c and set some bags of ice in front of a couple fans...

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Leash! You're back with your wonderfully witty posts! Oh, how we've missed you! The whole statement about owning all that stuff? I know what you mean! While living at Le Anne and Ellery's, there was only a few times that I felt I "needed" something from my storage unit. Don't get me wrong, we were living in a 4000+ sq. ft. home with everything we could possibly NEED, but I really did come to realize how little we can live off. (: Oh, please, PLEASE, keep it comin' with the posts, okay?

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Ditto- PLEASE keep posting, I just laughed out loud while Ellyn's tutors looked at me with completely puzzled expressions on their faces.

Mike and I left half of our belongings out in the garage and we LOVE not having all the junk in the house. We were thinking a huge bonfire on the beach would be great. We are also going to give the three huge boxes of toys that we have yet to unpack to Goodwill. It feels so good.

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Joan said...

Okay, you need to be a writer. I love the garment story! How funny! We finally got our garage cleaned out and had a yard sale then, me Ash and Linds filled our cars each and drove it to the D.I. Haven't missed one thing! What great memories!

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Adam said...

Hey Leashy you got me back on the wagon its been too long since I've read the blog but if anyone can pen a letter that will get you rolling its you. Less Stuff More Fun honestly I think I have worn the same 10 shirts for 3 years straight and yet have a closet packed with them. don't get me started on the rest of the junk we have. I'm popping popcorn and sitting real still waiting for your next motion detector G show

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home