Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Family Fast Tomorrow Works for Us!

My NYR's list included writing on, not just reading the blog. What an awesome means of sharing our lives with each other. Writing all the crazy fun and sometimes desperate things helps keep us sane. What a support system we have in each other!!!
Tomorrow Ellery and I will fast for you, Jack and Kev and Lydia. About 15 years ago a woman called to ask me if she could have her son come and live with us. I told her I would be happy to have him stay with us except for one thing--I didn't, and couldn't love him as much as she did. It took about an hour to convince her that I didn't have stewardship over her son. As long as she loved him and was willing to try she was the woman for the job.
I honestly believe that God carefully considers each family and each family member. He knows you love Lydia, will continue to love her and to prayerfully make decisions, sometimes hard decisions to help her. He has given Lyd the best big sisters in the world to help and love and be an example to her with their husbands and their sweet little babies. Lydia has the best family in the world to help her through this. And we are all here to back you up with our prayers and whatever else you need.
"All we can do is pray." Does not mean a last desperate attempt. I think how powerful and loving our Heavenly Father is and He lets us talk to Him. He listens to us and lets us ask Him for things and blessings He has the ability to give us. He loves us and wants what is best for us. So praying isn't "all" we can do. It is the "best" we can do. I don't know how people live without God in their lives. We will pray that she remembers what you have taught her about her Heavenly Father.

6 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

THANK-YOU!!!!

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger Joan said...

In one of my most favorite books, that I am re reading now, it talks about prayer and having faith and believing that you can receive what you ask for. We could only wish that we could snap our fingers and this would be over for Lyd. We'll be fasting also. Chelsea and I went to see her today for a few short minutes and she was great. We'll be back tomorrow! Our family wouldn't be complete without you! Love you Lyd!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Cam said...

It is so sad to see our loved ones go through trials like this, I feel like it has been way to many in my lifetime already with siblings and in-laws. I know that prayer and fasting has real power and so we'll join with the family doing just that on Lydia's behalf as well as Kevin and Jackie's! We love you guys, please let us know if there's anything else we can be doing!

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

We're in. I read this blog late last night but I didn't know quite what to say. I am so sorry you are going through this heartache. You all have been in my prayers and I have been thinking of you all day. I love you all.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Meags said...

cory will be the only one fasting tomorrow, but we will all be praying and thinking of you. we love you!

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Adam said...

We're in, Lots of love prayers and concern coming from Colorado Bennett's. I do not wish trials like this on anyone or any family, Aunt Jack and Uncle Kev have always been such an amazing example and support for me and my family anything you need it's yours.
Love Adam Mindi and crew

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home