Friday, April 13, 2012

Just talking..


My girls are so different. Dayne's never quite sure what to do when I get a camera in front of her. This was the third try on Easter morning. I finally said, "Dayne, just say hi.". Now June, on the other hand was not properly prepared for picture taking and wasn't sure what character to become in time for her shot..so instead she made above face. She's a lot like Geof. in that way. Wants to be in character. He's not comfortable taking "normal" pics, either (as Nauvoo pics can attest). The kids got a small shared Easter basket with a few candies and a Lite Brite that I found on clearance at a craft store. Whenever I get things for my kids that I ALWAYS WANTED BUT NEVER HAD growing up.., it's disappointing to see how little interest they show. I guess I'll have to sit down and spend a good long time doing it with them. On the Sat. before Easter, we went to Maymont for their annual Easter egg hunt. Radio Disney was there and they had a bonnet parade (one of the few FREE things offered). There was only three little ones in line for the parade and they were about to start when a woman came up to June and offered her the"bonnet" she'd made. June complied, but not happily. You should have seen her face the whole time. A complete grump. Dayne wore it the rest of the day. Crosses and Catholic Saints adorned the hat. Pretty ornate.




In other weekly news, I learned two new spellings that I admit, am a bit embarrassed I didn't know before!! Earings is really spelled earrings.., and judgement does not have an e after the g..it's spelled judgment. That's what the missionaries told me while we were teaching a sister in my home the Plan of Salvation. So now you know..in case you're ever in a situation like I was. ;) Happy Friday! Geof. is..at this VERY MOMENT..taking his appraisal test to be certified. Yay! I hope he passes (I know he will)..that means a little less stress in our home and more of the Geof. we all know and love. We even hired a babysitter for a date night tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home