Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Dear Mom!!!

Well the day could be over by the time I remember how to do all this!!  I have the cutest picture but can't get it uploaded for some reason.  Hmmm, imagine that?!!! 

Every Christmas I think of Mom when I look at the Christmas lights outside.  She always did the every other blue and green lights.  I think about the umberalla I got and the hot wheel set because she didn't know what else to get me and I always loved my cousins set!

I've thought a lot about Mom lately, probably because of my new life I have begun.  I understand she was divorced for 10 years before she got married, the same as myself.  I just hope she was as happy as I am, but if not, she certainly is now!  I feel my life has kind of patterned hers.  She had 4 girls, I had 4 girls, minus Kurt.  She dated someone for quite sometime before she found Les and so did I, until we both saw the light.  My only hope is I don't die like she did at age 63!!  Secretly I'm still a little upset that she left but, on the other hand, I have nothing to fear when I have to go, I know that she will be waiting for me. 

Probably one of the greatest things I learned from my Mom is the pride that she took in keeping everything nice and how hard she worked at it.  I can only hope that I can do the same.  Best Mom ever!

Love you Mom!!

1 Comments:

At 7:58 PM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

So sweet. I was almost 5 when she died so I don't remember much. I do love watching home videos and seeing how classy she seemed. Knowing how all of her daughters turned out, it's obvious she was an amazing woman. -Chelsea

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home