Monday, October 28, 2013

Lydia Still and Always

Just the other day we got a sympathy card and copy of Lydia's obituary in the mail from one of our friends in Utah. It may seem a while after the fact....but not really. I know for her family the grief is still very much a part of their daily lives and will be for a long time. I pray that they will be comforted, feel our ongoing love and support and the memories will be less painful as time goes on.

I have been meaning to write this forever. What impressed me about the funeral.....

So many people were there to show their love and support for your family. What good people you are!!! Lydia was remembered and loved by so many. The people she worked with, Young Women's Advisors, Bishop, her babies, cousins, aunts, uncles...everyone. Big Kev probably expressed my feelings best when he said in the prayer, "We are mad and we are sad...."  Now we have to live without Lydie!

Kev was asked to say the prayer in priesthood one time Jack told me and he didn't go back for how many months? According to Chloe her grief was second only to her grandpa's and yet he spoke at the funeral about his little girl and gave a beautiful dedicatory prayer at the grave site. I am so glad Lydia is next to Mom.

Jack didn't want her daughter to be remembered as a druggie.  She breathlessly told us so many sweet stories about her crazy, fun, loving, caring, daughter. No one will forget the Bahamas, her many capes, playing with her in the human bungie thing and "It's Potter, Harry Potter."

Alicia managed to give a wonderful talk that was not too churchy as per Jack's request and yet her testimony was evident through out the whole thing. The statement of Pres. Packer's that sometimes death is a mechanism of rescue was amazingly appropriate.

Jesse, thanks for the funny story. Who knew that a miserable night of everyone getting hit with throw up would later become a favorite family story to retell and laugh about!!! (Note to self.....laugh more and sooner about the seeming disasters.) 

Chloe was amazing! Overcoming both her grief and her Tourettes to read the eulogy without a flaw and bearing a beautiful testimony at the end. Is she really just ten? What a woman!

Little Kev, the family prayer was wonderful...Tony your violin wept with us. It was beautiful. Thank you both. My nieces chose well!

Now one last thing about my sister and her husband. There was a picture missing in Ellynn's blog of the funeral. If one of you have it will you add it to this blog. It was the picture of Jack and Kev sitting together in front of the TV after the viewing was over watching the video of their family's life with Lydia. Their love and support for each other is awe-inspiring and such an amazing example to all of us. Thank you for that. I am so grateful to have you in our lives for eternity!!!

Lydia loved this time of year. I thought maybe for the next few days each of you could go on the blog and write about a favorite memory of Lydia. As long as we remember her she will continue to be a part of our lives. I hope you know how much I love all of you,

Le Anne






5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Mom, I think we will all be very grateful that you detailed that day. Uncle Kev, Aunt Jack, and the girls have always been an amazing example of unconditional love and acceptance, long before I realized that is what it was. Their love, strength, and wisdom made Lydia's funeral a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl.

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

Well said LeAnne, well Said. Some day I will get on here and yes this was her favorite time of year, I hope that they will let her wear a cape for a little while. I love you and thank you! Jack

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

First of all, that was just lovely. I'm so glad you wrote it. Second, have I been needing to put a space between Le and Anne all these years? Sheesh. What kind of niece am I?

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

Also, thanks Brookie. We have a pretty amazing family.

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

Don't worry about the spelling of my name too much....my kids don't even get it right!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home