Monday, October 14, 2013

The lake house

First yay Alicia and Daxson, I'm so excited that another beautiful baby has made it safely into this wonderfully large family. I was so blessed last month to welcome little Henry into this world with Brind and Julia. Birth is such a sacred experience. I would have a million babies just to go through the labor and delivery process. It's like the vail parts just a sliver to allow a little angel to slip out and for that second you can feel God's presence and love.

On the other hand I am reminded daily why my husband is so wise insisting that 5 is enough. For one there are never just 5. There is always and friend or 24, nieces, nephews, etc. But when there are just the five of them it is more than enough and Cory and I have been discovering why... We are in a very interesting time in life that not everyone is lucky enough to experience. I like to call it Teens to Tots (and everything in between). Unfortunately some times those "in betweens" get lost in the chaos. 14 year olds and 3 year olds have a lot of the same needs and thoughts...me me me me me me me me me. Need I go on? Pushing a very imperfect mother to her max. While the sweet 12, 10, and sometimes even 8 year olds are left to fend for themselves.
Playdough in the morning for the babies (I have Elly's boys today, see never really just 5) and meeting with counselor, math teacher, and teen this afternoon to make sure he's on track to get into college. Really?!? I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy. I don't know quite how to handle all the needs and demands of the tot and teen without neglecting the angels in the middle. "Angels" now because at this precise moment in life they are being very well behaved:) Unfortunately, as my poor mother and husband experienced this weekend, I am not always good at taking advice. Like I said imperfect. Happy parenting all!











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

We had a 3 year old and 13 year old. Brind and Ellynn were raised in a car seat and watched Michael Jackson instead of Sesame Street.
Julia asked me the other day what were our favorite kids shows. I told her when the big kids were little we didn't have a tv except in the playroom downstairs so you never watched much. The middles I had cut the cords off the tv and then the little kids watched Disney musicals because by then we had invested in a VCR. Now there's more than you wanted to know!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home