Sunday, May 29, 2005

Welcome back cuz!

Leash, so happy to see you blogging again. Did Chloe just turn 2? Is that right? For some reason I'm thinking she is older, but I could be wrong.
Well Mike's sister Annie, and her husband Peter are here this weekend and we are having a great time. I am anyway, I hope they are as well. Yesterday we spent the day at the lake with some friends jetskiing and boating. They had a tube that you drag behind that had a bull on it. Yes, it was quite fun, I think that is as close to real bull riding as I'll ever get. Mike took me out on the jet ski and did his best to try to get us to biff but I held on and he failed. Then it was my turn to drive and I came around the one side while he leaned to the other and I was almost in place before we tipped over. Then we couldn't get back on to save our lives. One of us would make it and then we would tip while the other one was attmepting to climb up. We were laughing so hard our attempts just became more and more ridiculous. Finally our friend Todd came by with Jane and Savannah and picked Mike up and I stayed out on the jet ski for awhile. It was great. Sadie and her little friend Addyson played on the lawn at the house the whole time. There were two baby pools and a slip and slide and they just loved it. Ellyn just played with anyone who wasn't on the boat. It was beautiful. We brought cupcakes out with us and sang happy birthday to Sadie. A wonderful way to spend a Saturday. Every night we start a movie and I poop out and take the babies to bed. I guess that means I'm getting old.

Jane's last day of school was Friday. Yeah!! We were invited to a special honor's assembly where Jane was recognized for all A's all year and for Outstanding Artist for the third grade by the Fine Arts teacher. We are very proud of her. She realized at field day that she could not jump rope worth beans with a normal jump rope (she always jump roped with her hoola hoop) so we bought her a jump rope (Bailey had eaten her last two) and she has spent the past week mastering this skill. I am proud of her perseverance (sp?). She has it down and is now obsessed. She and her friends have been jump roping non stop all week.

Ellyn has been doing some more balancing and has actually taken two steps, twice. Progress. She loves Anne and Peter. They are so cute with her, all the girls for that matter.

Sadie had a great birthday. I can't believe it has already been three years. She has been singing for us quite a bit this weekend. Songs she has written herself. Quite a treat. American Idol really inspired her.

Well that's our weekend. Sounds like everyone is having fun in their various family groups. I am so grateful for my family, on both sides. I love you all. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home