Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Povo

Dear Peeps,
So Saturday Darla and i danced the holly golly for about an hour or dos after bringing our brood down to 2 from 5. It was nice to be just the four of us again. To celebrate we went to Seven Peaks and played all evening. Cole gets so excited when he gets in water you can't help but laugh. That kid takes me through a panorama of emotions every day. One moment I'll be upset with him and the next moment he'll do something sweet and I'll be so veclemt I need every one to call 555-5555 and talk amongst themselves.
I've been able to play a little bit lately with Darla's leave which is so nice of her. Friday night I went with three friends up Provo Canyon and hiked to an old condemned restaurant located high in the mountains above Bridal Veil Falls. It was the coolest hike and I'll try and post some pictures. I love getting out into nature. I also got Ricky Hacking hired at my work so we've been able to work together a bit and that has been hysterical. For those of you who don't know big Rick we've been friends since about the three year old mark.
As for Fathers Day it was very nice. Darla bought me an Atlas of the world since I always dream about the places I want to go with my family some day. Luckily it also includes Kaysville, Layton, Washington, etc.. We are hopefully going to go to Washington for the 4th and are excited about that. Darla also made me Peach Cobbler great grandma's recipe and I couldn't have asked for more. One last thing yesterday I got to do my spin training and spinning upside down at 5 thousand feet about the ground is a rush. Also pointing the plane straight down so all the crap in the plane hits the windshielf makes you wonder if the life insurance policy is in good order (it is). Life is very good I've been blessed with a great wife and kids. Oh yeah Mindi thanks for putting that quote on the blog I received it from Adam while on the mission and believe I used it in a training. I think we should all post inspirational quotes. I'll give a couple of my favourites. "My life is my message" Ghandi. "There comes a time in life when one must risk something or sit forever with ones dreams" Trevor Peterson. I was just thinking of that quote and used to always associate it with skiing and other adventure. Trevor was a pro skier who died in an avalanche. Now perhaps the risk in life is actually giving up the fun things which were total self indulgence. Had we not risked giving up instant gratification to have a wife, education, children, we would sit without eternal dreams. That's my little thought for the day. I'll hopefully write more frequently so I can bore you all some more. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home