Friday, August 19, 2005

ColoradoBennett

Congratulations, Geof.fy George! Does the money just start rollin' in now that you are C.F.I.? Are you gunna buy a plane and fly the whole family to our house in Mexico? We spent the evening in Golden, CO in the shadow of Coors Brewery and decided that we are going to move there as soon as possible. Aside from the beer part, it really is a beautiful town. They've got sculptures all over, a great kayak park in the middle of town, a new rec center, an old fashioned downtown area, etc. etc.
So more perks about our Granby trip. Grand Lake has a wonderful marina where you can rent double kayaks for $20 an hour or 3 person canoes for the same or you can just jump in and flail around for free. I was envisioning a babysitting exchange where one couple can go kayaking for an hour while another group watches the kids on the beach and then we all switch. I'm so excited. I've already started meal planning again. Is that too over the top for me to buy all the food for the weekend and just charge $20/person like last time. I thought it worked out pretty well and then I feel all calm and secure knowing that the food is going to run at my pace. Meagan, I almost cried myself to sleep last night thinking about you with 4 kids and only apple pie to feed them for lunch. Having no food around and trying to take kids to the grocery store is pretty much the scarriest thing imaginable to me.
"That the birds of worry and care fly about your head
This you cannot change
But that they build nests in your hair
This you can prevent."
--Chinese Proverb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home