Friday, February 10, 2006

fun with kids

Lyd thank you for writing. Geof. is the funniest boy I know, but I read his blog like 12 times so it was time for I new one. Oh the days of skipping life to ski. How I long for those days again. Now my winter sport of choice is snow shoeing, where you can carry a kid on your back and drag a few behind you on a sled. Yeah that can be a rush too. I did have a pretty exciting night. I went to a baby shower, then planned to go to the gym. Half way through the shower cory calls. I think oh baby is hungry, so I ask if she’s being too fussy. He tells me that she has calmed down now, but she’s acting kind of funny. That’s the great thing about cory; he never comes right out and tells you the problem. “why is she acting funny, cory?” “benny dropped her and she hit her head on the bottom of the couch.” Babies bounce so I wasn’t too worried, but I rushed home anyway. She didn’t even smile when I walked in the door. She just laid her head on my chest and had no color in her cheeks. I finally got her to nurse and not three minutes after she finished, it all came right back out. Hazel has never even spit up before so to put it lightly I was a bit concerned. Cory called the advice nurse and by the time the conversation was over we were changing our puky clothes and headed out to the er. Jackson was so freaked out he was cleaning the whole house (he knows what makes me happy), he even cleaned up the throw up chair. I think they might have started a file on me. Anyone who has to bring their kids in twice in a month’s time is not really fit to be a mother. Hazel was acting pretty good by the time we got in there, but because of her young age they still wanted to do a cat scan. I guess babies that young can have bleeding on the brain and still act pretty normal. It’s a good thing it was my perfect baby that had to lie there completely still for 5 minutes while going into a crazy, huge machine. The tecs said she was their best patient all day. Every thing was clear and she is fab this morning, but it did make for an interesting night.

Elly and mom are having a blast. They went on a dog sled ride the other day, north of the artic circle. They even got to drive their own sled. It’s a good thing I didn’t go. They said all the dogs were fighting and coming out bloody. I’m sure they would have smelt my fear and all turned on me. next they were headed to the ice palace, where even the beds and lights are made of ice. But they weren’t going to stay because ellynn didn’t want to have to sell her alcohol free liver to pay for the room. As you can imagine they use a lot of ‘drink’ to keep the cold out. Benny has a count down going on the calendar. Everyday she writes how many days until danna and elly come home. I think she just wants out of the house. with both of them home we will never see our little princess.

Wil is trying to get Bennett to watch a knight’s tale with him, he doesn’t like to watch it alone because it has a naked part in it. “when that ‘dad’ as a naked bottom. I no like it”. He is such a modest little kid. Cory always says he is going to be our most righteous child. I best be getting my groove on, I am taking the kids up so cory can take them to the park during his lunch while I go running. An hour each way just so I can run by myself. I think the lack of sleep is getting to my brain. But the babies are excited to play with daddy and after I can take the three of them to the store by myself. Now does anything sound like more fun?

Loves the blog……….me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home