Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Excuses, excuses...

Chelsea, that is amazing. I can't even imagine babies that small. I would be so scared to hold them, maybe not holding them or feeding them, but getting them dressed and bathed would scare the heck out of me. I love their names, I know two darling little girls in different families with those names and you know how that can effect how you feel about a name. Wow, I used name quite a bit in that sentence.

Well here are my excuses for not writing more. 1. Brind came home 2. We had family in town 3. I had to get ready to come to Korea 4. I am in Korea visiting my husband
Those are all the reasons, with a few others that I am leaving out for the sake of time.

Geof., I am happy that the psychotic behavior of my almost four year old convinced you that your child is perfectly normal- for our family that is. We just don't raise milk toast kids as mom likes to say.

Jackie, thank you so much for posting that story for us. I know we would all love as many stories as possible on here, about grandma, grandpa, you girls, Sally, Sharm, Brent, Sterling, greatgrandma, you get my drift. I know that we all feel that they are great treasures and really help us feel closer to those members of our family. This is a great way to store them as well. Joanie, I know you read this too.

Cameron, how is Monica doing? Can you give us some details? I haven't been on here as much as normal so I might have missed something. I will go back through and check. I keep telling Brind to get on here but he is still trying to get things put together, room, job, dating, etc...

Well, news from our life... I am indeed in Korea right now. Mike found a great deal on airfare and called me in the middle of the night a few weeks ago to tell me he was getting me a ticket. It is wonderful being here with him. I really, really needed the break. Pretty sure I was close to a mental breakdown. I don't handle stress or busy schedules very well and I've had both lately. The girls are doing well, or they were before I left, I'm assuming everything is still going swimmingly. Jane has two and a half weeks of standardized tests at school. I am not jealous of that at all. Please shoot me is all I have to say. She is so funny. I called her Sunday afternoon and we talked for an hour. She is a great conversationalist and has a very funny sense of humor. It was alot of fun to just sit and talk without the distractions of every day life. Sadie is still a crazy yet sweet and loving child that informed me on the phone the other day that her stuffed cat is no longer named Wilbur, it's Kelly. I'm a bit sad. I liked the name Wilbur. I don't know if I shared this, so forgive me if I did but a few weeks ago we were watching "The Village." Yes, Sadie was watching and I was closing her eyes for the scary parts, this is part of the Aunt Jack legacy. Anyway, a few minutes into the movie she looks at me and says "That's Johnny Cash." It was hillarious. Ellyn is doing very well. She is learning new things every day. I have been trying to do more signing with her. I've been making an effort to have her walk more instead of carrying her everywhere and it so funny to have her lead me around the house to the things that she wants. She absolutely loves being outside and it is so nice to finally be getting good weather so we can be outside. Her therapist last week told me that she and the other therapists that work with her have come to the consensus that Ellyn is most likely autistic. We have her name on a waiting list to get screened but the more I read about it the more I agree that she probably has some form of autism. I have faith that the Lord has put her in our home because we are the best parents she could have but I'm scared too. There is a chance to do so much to help her learn and overcome alot of the developmental stumbling blocks and I just don't want it to be because of my lack of skill, learning, patience, organization, determination, etc... that she doesn't reach her full potential. It has been feeling like more than I can handle and I am very intimidated. Please keep her in your prayers. She is such an angel.

It was so fabulous to have all of my siblings home for a visit. I am so proud of them. They have all grown into such wonderful people. I'm so lucky they are mine. I just wish I could see more of Geof. and Darla and Adam and Mindi and their kids. We have so much fun. It was great to watch all the little ones play together. Last fall was a bit bumpy between Sierra, Wil, and Sadie but they are a little more grown up and handle their problems in a more calm manner and they were so entertaining.

I have to get outside now. It is beautiful and Mike is at work and I have been trying to get caught up on both family blogs. I love you all and can't wait to hear MORE from you. I understand the busy schedules though. Take care. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home