Friday, May 19, 2006

Oh, What Joy!!

How cool to get on here and see so many blogs. Someone please tell me what you think of the movie. So far it hasn't been getting very good reviews but that doesn't really mean anything. Mindy, I'm very impressed that you sped through Jesus the Christ as well. Mike has told me on several occassions that I should read it but I never have. I think I picked it up once and then didn't actually get past a paragraph, got distracted, and haven't attempted since. However, yesterday in Institute I was looking through my scriptures and realizing how much I lack in my knowledge of the Bible and the D&C. All scriptures really, but those in particular. I have to get busy.

Jess, I'm so jealous of your camping trip. That sounds like a blast. The title of your last blog made me miss Oklahoma and Texas. Not that I'd want to live there forever but I do love them both in a way.

This has been a stressful week. I took Ellyn in for another appt. that was supposed to be for her bow legs and it ended up being with a developmental ped. and she observerd Ellyn and is ready to sign for her on the medical side for being Autistic and started talking to me about getting her registered federally for Social Security and Developmental Disabilities and wants to have a series of tests done to make sure that autism isn't all that we are dealing with because she has such low muscle tone and then she was also concerned that we were going to Germany because the therapists for the military aren't too great overseas in general (confirmed by one of my best friends that was over there) etc...There was just one piece of good news after another and the worst part was that this was a woman that was not an alarmist, who I felt really knew what she was talking about. It was just hard to hear all at once. I got out to the parking lot and started bawling as I loaded my sweet baby into her car seat. Mike and I have decided that we prayed a great deal that the Lord would send us to Germany if it was the right spot for us and basically any place that he could get his orders switched to would mean it was a real need for the Army in preparation of a deployment. So we think staying together is the most important and I'm going to have to really be on top of everything while we're there. It will all work. It is amazing how much I have had to rely on the Lord this year. I'm always careful in my prayers that I don't pray for humility, I'm scared of what the Lord will give me to make me humble. He obviously decided I needed some anyway. I hope this is sufficient and I pray that I'm up to it.

Cam, I'm glad that you are for sure having a boy. That's got to be exciting. I have momentarily forgotten the other name option besides Tristan but I remembered that I loved it as well.

I love you all. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home