Wednesday, August 30, 2006

bg life

My Internet was down for a day maybe two, I don’t really know; it felt like an eternity.  Cory kept teasing me that he was going to cancel it altogether, not funny.  It’s my only connection to the outside world and by outside I mean you guys.  Spending time with you all was priceless.  Now if we could have multiplied that by a week it would have been much better.  I’m not kidding when I say you all get more beautiful every time I see you.  That includes the aunts who I’m sure, like my mother just think they are getting older and uglier.  Not true.  Beecher girls age beautifully; I just pray I have enough beech in me to do the same.  This weekend was incredible!!  Oh my word you should all come and do Hood to Coast some time.  It is more fun than I can even describe.  I ran faster than I expected, but it’s because first was a steep down hill, so I just let gravity do all the work. Then, I had like the two shortest runs ever, so it was like two 4 mile sprints.  I think I would have liked a slower longer run.  They are more my style, but the other was good for me.  So my first leg; the run down from timberline lodge, (the one from the Shining), you could see forever.  Mountains, trees, waterfalls, oh man it was awesome.  Then I ran along the riverfront in down town Portland for my second leg.  It was right at sunset and I got to run over a bridge.  That was beautiful too, except for the drunk guy he was just scary.  Then for leg three I ran at 4:30 am in a place called Mist.  Yeah they don’t just call it that for fun.  From 1:30 to 4:00 we tried to sleep there on the wet grass.  Oh so yucky!  I was frozen, sopping and shaking like mad.  When our runner came in 5 minutes early I was standing there in my sweats, without my ipod or headlamp.  They called our number and I throw off my cloths grab my crap and start sprinting down the road.  Ok probably not sprinting, but when it’s dark and you haven’t slept in 24 hours but have run twice, man you think you’re sprinting.  Anyways, I am booking it down the road trying to untangle my ipod, start my gps all the while my headlamp, which is not tight enough has slipped off my forehead and is bouncing on the bridge of my nose.  I must have been quite a sight, good thing it was so dark I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face.  I finally got myself settled and still ended up killing 18.  Every time you pass someone its a roadkill.  I don’t know if they do that in other races.  I have never heard of it, except on H to C.  I ended up 47 kills in all.  I really wanted 50, but didn’t know what we were trying for until after my first run.  Our team ended up coming in 10th for the all girl teams.  Not bad, seeing how we had girls who had never run further than a 10k before.  

Well my house is falling down around me, but I have decided that I am going to ignore it until after Brooke leaves and the kids start school.  Then life will get back to normal.  This year I have kind of been on perma vacation, playing with Brooke more than keeping up with life the way I would like to.  It was worth the mess.  I can’t even think about her being gone.  I just think about how excited I am for her that she gets to be with her love again.

Monny thanks for coming down and playing with us in Provo, you are so cool.  Geof. and Darla thank you for having all of us in your sweet little house.  It felt like home.  I miss you guys like crazy.  I pray that there is some way you can come to Disneyland with us.  

                                                                Love the blog and write on………me            

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home